Update on Engine 4 patches

No I did not to be honest. You can tell that the HQ was updated about the contact through C2 during the turn because the icons opacity/transparency changed to indicate the age of the contact. So it was not just that the C2 handshake had not occured yet which is what I presume your wondering? The C2 handshake occurs, the age of the contact updates, just not the position.

But now that I am home I will try few turns further now to be sure.

Edited by Oliver_88

6 hours ago, absolutmauser said:

Downloading on my Mac now. Will play this evening and report back. Very exciting! I've had enough Tom Clancy's The Division 2, which is frankly abusing the name of a dead man. 

CMBN is running as 4.01 on my 2013 MacBook Pro. The changes/resolution already reported are clearly in evidence. BAR men seem to be dropping the hammer in a more sensible fashion and my first mortar attacks on defending Germans in foxholes have seen them hunkering down instead of making a run for it. Seems to have done the trick so far!

If I find anything to complain about... well, you know me. 😃 But Steve and crew have my hundreds of dollars and can expect more for each expansion, so I imagine my complaints won't be TOO hurtful! 😃

~AbM 

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Worth a check.....I misunderstood the precise scope of your question when I gave my initial answer, so you've got me wondering about it too now.  :unsure:

Nope done about ten more turns now and no change.

This bugs also the reason that you seem to sometimes see tentative icons positions warping about back and forth. Because when no units are selected the viewpoint that your presented with for each tentative icon is the viewpoint for whomever was last informed about those contacts (at least thats what I've been able to discover it's not documented as such). So as each of the many units on your map get informed through C2 your global view of the tentative icon jumps between these incorrect and correct positions.

Edited by Oliver_88

On another plus at least I can confirm that on CMBN the various (British) Airborne Infantry formations available in QB are now being provided with thier transport (some drivers do not look very "airborne" but they are there at least). And also that the Vickers detachments that are purchasable in QB are no longer providing you with an useless HQ team in error but are providing you with the Vickers team that you asked for! :D

On a minus the Parachute Battalion and Machinegun Battalion continue to not be available in QB (for the British) from what I can see and just remain available for scenarios.

Edited by Oliver_88

Thats also interesting, seems the option for using Stuart Recce's rather than Stuart Tanks in the Recce Platoons for the various (British) Armor Only formations has been removed? Anyone know the reason behind that? Just curious.

Edited by Oliver_88

I hope this patch will give us more AI groups than the 16 we have now and improved line of sight and line of fire so a tank commander can't see through the leaves of trees far away and squads in a forest can see and shoot at what the player can see when he's having a look on ground level.

On 5/5/2019 at 4:49 PM, schwerpunktgrenadier said:

What engine version should I be seeing on the menu screen? 4.01 after patch? Only installed patch for CMBN so far and engine version is still v4.00.

Everything is running good on my MacBook Pro. I've got CMBN, CMFI, CMRT, CMBS, CMFB, and CMSF2 on here all updated. 

First try working on the patches.  BREN GUNS!!  I was ~15 minutes into an infantry-only attack up a big hill in CMFI and was having a hard time.  Then patched and restarted and now I am actually able to suppress using my infantry squads.  This is great!!