Update on Engine 4 patches

36 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Screenshots? Ok. I only played this out 3 minutes as an example. 4 squads in 4 buildings. All taking direct arty hits. 2 of the 4 buildings destroyed. Did they break cover and run away in the open? 

Setup Arty.png

3 minutes in.png

Thank you that you took time to cut your game in  test,  to send somes screen...late you could probably answer to the behaviours of yours troops  in the buildings...but for the time I am already happy to see that the update will be soon...

Edited by 3j2m7

Two buildings were completely leveled in the barrage. In both squads in the collapsed  buildings the squad lost 7 out of 10 men. One is Rattled and one is Shaken. The other 2 squads lost 2 and 1 man. Both are Nervous. 

For what it's worth, the first time i ran this I didn't set the arty to come in for long enough to go the 3 minutes that I had wanted. First turn knocked down a building and that squad was Broken. So the relatively decent state the guys in the screenshots are in is not indicative of anything.  

49 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Screenshots? Ok. I only played this out 3 minutes as an example. 4 squads in 4 buildings. All taking direct arty hits. 2 of the 4 buildings destroyed. Did they break cover and run away in the open? 

Setup Arty.png

3 minutes in.png

Doesn't seem to be the case. Can you try the same situation but this time with trenches and foxholes instead of buildings please?

48 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

But with screenshots we of course mean screenshots of the new coming modules. 🤨

No. 🙂 

As more of an answer....They will come as a specific post in the individual game's forum(s). Kinda not cool to throw them out on page 26 of an unrelated thread. 

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Doesn't seem to be the case. Can you try the same situation but this time with trenches and foxholes instead of buildings please?

Sure..But these are probably the last that I'll have time for today. 

In both the foxholes and the trenches 1 out of each set of 4 teams bailed after 3 minutes.

trench foxhole setup.png

trench foxhole 3 minutes.png

59 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

The situation and results that you explains seem to be more aggressive that the usual artillery strike without engine update, and inflict  more casulties with the engine updated !?

If I understand your question correctly....not necessarily, would be my answer. I only ran these once. If I ran it 10 times the casualty rate would probably be different each time. I wouldn't read too much into the level of casualties in this example. A concern that the patch addresses is having units be more resistant to leaving cover while under fire.  I thought it'd be nice to show an example of what that looks like. I pointed out the number of casualties to illustrate how banged up they were and still held their ground.

1 minute ago, BFCElvis said:

If I understand your question correctly....not necessarily, would be my answer. I only ran these once. If I ran it 10 times the casualty rate would probably be different each time. I wouldn't read too much into the level of casualties in this example. A concern that the patch addresses is having units be more resistant to leaving cover while under fire.  I thought it'd be nice to show an example of what that looks like. I pointed out the number of casualties to illustrate how banged up they were and still held their ground.

Oki doki no question more for today 😄

Have a good game and thank you to these explanations !

4 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

4 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Two buildings were completely leveled in the barrage. In both squads in the collapsed  buildings the squad lost 7 out of 10 men. One is Rattled and one is Shaken. The other 2 squads lost 2 and 1 man. Both are Nervous. 

For what it's worth, the first time i ran this I didn't set the arty to come in for long enough to go the 3 minutes that I had wanted. First turn knocked down a building and that squad was Broken. So the relatively decent state the guys in the screenshots are in is not indicative of anything.  

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

No. 🙂 

As more of an answer....They will come as a specific post in the individual game's forum(s). Kinda not cool to throw them out on page 26 of an unrelated thread. 

Sure..But these are probably the last that I'll have time for today. 

In both the foxholes and the trenches 1 out of each set of 4 teams bailed after 3 minutes.

'Very' not found.  :(

He's good.....He's very good!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 5/1/2019 at 5:26 PM, BFCElvis said:

No. 🙂 

You can post them anywhere you like as far as I'm concerned, as long as you post them.

Well, well. Glad to see Die Alte Gang is still alive and kicking. Greetings to all.

I can't say I haven't had my own moments of fist-shaking (mostly mental, not actual, mind) at Steve, Charles and all the other code monkeys up in the woods. One wonders if they actually bathe up there... anyway, I digress.

I have had a hunch for years now that one slightly insidious human condition might be in play. Namely, a variation of the old standby "Can't see the forest for the trees". Now, don't get your hackles up, all I mean is that this WW2 TO&E stuff is best handled by those with long experience (i.e., our boys S & C) but I have run across too many examples of folks being too close to something to see what is at times obvious to others.

Of course that's why you bring in the occasional brilliant new guy (he still squeaks when he turns around!) to help out in this regard. So, I imagine our heroes have enough checks and balances in place to keep from losing themselves day after day.

My tongue-in-cheek contribution is my way of saying I love these guys, warts and all- despite their extreme proficiency at torquing my patience now and then.

Hope everyone is doing fine and healthy. Looking forward to the releases guys! 

Edited by Gromit

• BFCElvis unpinned and pinned this topic