Update on Engine 4 patches

I didn't have nearly as much fun with that as I should have. I should have said something like "I know we have missed deadlines before but I promise they will be out in May 2019" And then let that sit there for the last half hour that I finished things up.

5 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Very, very good.  ;)

Hee hee.....Next time there is a release of some kind toward the end I will just make a 2 word post with no explanation "very close". And everyone who saw this will know exactly what I mean.

Extract it anywhere. When you run the setup program, it'll try to find and suggest your CM install directory, which might be something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy".

CMBN has a different default install path, and if you've moved it it could have trouble finding it - you can select the correct folder manually.

That should be it.

Actually extract it to an empty folder - there should not be any additional files around the install or you will be sad.

Then just make sure the path it wants to install to is the one where the existing game .exe is located. It does a good job guessing but doesn't always get it correct.

Edited by IanL

3 hours ago, IanL said:

Actually extract it to an empty folder - there should not be any additional files around the install or you will be sad.

Then just make sure the path it wants to install to is the one where the existing game .exe is located. It does a foot job guessing but doesn't always get it correct.

not sure what foot job is, but I am certainly glad you chose to use that extremity in your expression..  Oh wait yeah I have heard of a foot job... gotta stop googling on the work PC.....

I suggest,  first to have to patch, then we can talking about the procedure to install it !

...(ne pas mettre la charrette avant les boeufs !) in english is the same !

Edited by 3j2m7
Oops talking to quick !

On 4/20/2019 at 8:31 PM, Oliver_88 said:

Would be interested to know whether the bug that causes the positions of tentative icons to not be updated is resolved or not?

Also, I do not suppose CMSF2 has any acquirable mortars à la CMBN carrier section to know whether the bugs with acquiring those is resolved also does it?

On 4/20/2019 at 8:58 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I can confirm that tentative icons update in CMSF2, I'm watching some do it right now.....Group #13, your nemesis awaits!  :ph34r:

Just got the patch, done some tests. Not resolved from what I can see?

https://youtu.be/0PjkXqUAub8

@IanL@Bulletpoint

On 5/3/2019 at 10:06 PM, domfluff said:

CMBN Carrier platoon bug is fixed :D

Yeh the issue with the carrier sections acquiring thier mortars from the vehicles been resolved (through changing to the "airborne" variant instead). The carrier sections are going to be lethal now what with that and the resolved Brens. :D Same solutions not been done to the anti-tank platoon however and they remain mortar-less. :(

5 minutes ago, schwerpunktgrenadier said:

What engine version should I be seeing on the menu screen? 4.01 after patch?

I think x.01, yes. I've only patched & played CMFI so far, and it says 2.01. (With "Game Engine ver 4" written underneath that). So I think every WW2 title should be beyond x.00 once it's properly patched.

1 minute ago, schwerpunktgrenadier said:

Thanks @mirekm61. I must have done something wrong. I'll give it another go.

my guess is you didn't load the patch quite correctly into the game folder.  Check to see if the 4.01 brz is in your data folder and the date stamp on your executable.