37mm

Winter mod for Afghanistan

The bright green treescape during snowy battles was irritating me so I winterized them.

Nothing too difficult, I just shrunk down some of the trees & foliage from Worghern's Final Blitzkreig environmental pack & renamed the .bmp's appropriately.

There's no tagging in CMA so you'll have to manually add or remove the mod depending on the scenario you're playing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba5h6japz6enxg7/Winter for CMA.rar?dl=0

2 hours ago, 37mm said:

The bright green treescape during snowy battles was irritating me so I winterized them.

Nothing too difficult, I just shrunk down some of the trees & foliage from Worghern's Final Blitzkreig environmental pack & renamed the .bmp's appropriately.

There's no tagging in CMA so you'll have to manually add or remove the mod depending on the scenario you're playing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba5h6japz6enxg7/Winter for CMA.rar?dl=0

Don't have CMA but good initiative, thank you to share your work !!

Yes, am looking forward to trying it.  Thank you.

PS:  Tried d/l thrice  But something wrong with the .rar and cannot open.  "UNKNOWN FORMAT OR DAMAGED"

Edited by Erwin

Thank you...  Got it. 

Normally no problems opening rar files.  Not sure what happened here. 

Will try out CMA Snowy Village campaign...  :)

Edited by Erwin

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Should we simply replace the older mod with this one in its entirety?  what was wrong with the crater BTW?

No, you'll be fine just deleting the crater.bmp from the first file... the craters stand out & look "squarish".

@37mm  Dude, I didn't even know this existed!  :o

I'd love to get a copy too.....I'm testing a winter scenario right now, 'Winter of Discontent', Blue vs. Blue set in the warlord period post Soviet withdrawal:

rGvcfEE.jpg

Those trees surely do spoil the view!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I found this mod in my list of unused mods - so CMMODS certainly has it as well.  Not sure why it's not in my current CMA mod folder.  There seem to be two versions for CMA v1 and CMA v2. 

If there was a CMA v3 it's possible that it no longer worked(??)

If you have a dropbox I could upload it to that.  Or, ask Bootie if he can send it to you (or upload to CMMODS).  The folders are both around 140MB.  Not sure what the difference is.

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:

I get my Afghan winter mod on Wednesday ...

225346858_KabulWeather.thumb.jpg.0138e864341ea240c359d65acc1f51ed.jpg

Hope you will come home safely soon and enjoy with your family, I was also in ISAF in  Kabul and waiting impatiently to my fly, but the snow and fog were cover the airport and because the mountains around, we have to waiting another quite day to take off...have a save trip !!