Normandy mods

Does anybody know if any of the Normandy mods will be compatible with CMFB (tanks,infantry,sounds etc) , I know we haven't got any whitewash mods for the snow.But looking at the clips of this game it just doesn't look so good without them. It just show's we should be very grateful for the modders !

Does anybody know if any of the Normandy mods will be compatible with CMFB (tanks,infantry,sounds etc) , I know we haven't got any whitewash mods for the snow.But looking at the clips of this game it just doesn't look so good without them. It just show's we should be very grateful for the modders !

I am new here and I agree. BF has been very good to me with all my "Q"s and The mods that you people make are beyond words. Really makes the game and fun to pick and choose the mods to one's own style. ;) 

Thanks.

Yeah should be if history is anything to go by. Universal things like sounds, tracers, flames, smoke/dust etc should be fine from day 1. UI, uniforms and vehicles however are going to be a little bit iffy.

There's usually a surge of modders that release their goodies in the months after a big release. It's like Christmas everyday for a CM wargamer. :)

I usually dont test if my mods are compatible with other CM titles. But I cannot remember a single instance when they were not.

Sometimes it takes a bit of "translation", though. As with transferring my snow mods from CMFI to CMRT: You can use the FI vehicles as they are in RT, but the base colours of the vehicles is plain yellow, instead of the camo schemes of RT. So that needs a bit of "translation" if you want to make it look right. But technically, the bmp's normally works fine when transferred between games.

On PC but not Mac you can use rez explode to open the folders and learn how to copy the needed files over to your CMRT z folder and make a custom blend of images.

We all had to learn by doing. It is rather easy. Please give it a go. :D

There is a Mac OSX mod tool for Combat Mission by Michal Roszkowski but it's very hard to find it, so I'll repeat the link:

http://modtools.roszkowski.org

All the buildings are new art, all the terrain is new art, all the vehicles are heavily reworked at the very least. Some are unrecognizable, like the early Panther G now without zimmerit and sporting a late summer 'ambush' camou scheme. Tiger I mid and Tiger II Henschel will be incompatible with CMBN mods because of model changes.

Give the title a try before going crazy moving over CMBN mods. The whole point of the new title is to find yourself in another time and place. It's kind'a self-defeating to turn the game back into CMBN again. :mellow:

• 1 month later...
On 13-2-2016 at 7:29 PM, MikeyD said:

All the buildings are new art, all the terrain is new art, all the vehicles are heavily reworked at the very least. Some are unrecognizable, like the early Panther G now without zimmerit and sporting a late summer 'ambush' camou scheme. Tiger I mid and Tiger II Henschel will be incompatible with CMBN mods because of model changes.

Give the title a try before going crazy moving over CMBN mods. The whole point of the new title is to find yourself in another time and place. It's kind'a self-defeating to turn the game back into CMBN again. :mellow:

It is true. CMFB needs little modding. It is already very good.

Mmmmm... I think you could! 'Rez Explode' extract the vehicle art from the CMFB .brz files and throw them into your CMRT mods folder. Tiger II model is different so shouldn't be used, and some of the later vehicles like Panther G Late aren't in CMRT yet.