ETA on Mac upgrade ?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smooth as silk install on both CMBN/CW/MG and CMF/GL:)

Remember to remove your Mods / Z folder before you install.

The Apple "36% curse" is no more :D ...on both games :D:D

Outstanding Phil and Battlefront. Thank you.

Able to load huge scenarios w/o a hitch and faster than before. Graphics look crisp and clean. Hit impacts are sweet.With all the improvements in the Mac 3.0 upgrades Graphics, Gameplay, User Interface, Editor in both games it will take me a while to play with each new feature. Impressive to see CMBN/CMFI brought into the 3.0 game engine era like CMRT Mac.

Happy "toy box" is full on again. Solid investment upgrade for Mac players.

CMBN v300 Installer = 221MB

CMFI v300 Installer = 177MB

Check the store sight.but I think you only need Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy basegame (for Mac OSX), patched to v2.12 to purchase and use v3.0 Upgrade for CM Normandy. If you have CW & MG modules, they get upgraded along with CMBN basegame.

Thanks for posting Ales. This may help someone ID the issue with the difference in the shaders.

The NVIDIA GeForce 320M is an integrated chipset graphics card w/o dedicated graphics memory. Maybe the improved shaders 3.0 upgrade need more memory?

Ales, if you don't mind getting in touch with me, I can send you some shaders that may work better for your card. My email is my first name, as above, at battlefront.com.

Buzz is right, the upgraded shaders are more resource-intensive, and your card is old enough that it a) can't be lumped in with more modern Nvidia cards but B) due to the way OpenGL works on OSX, CM may not be able to discover that information automatically.

CMBN v300 Installer = 221MB

CMFI v300 Installer = 177MB

Check the store sight.but I think you only need Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy basegame (for Mac OSX), patched to v2.12 to purchase and use v3.0 Upgrade for CM Normandy. If you have CW & MG modules, they get upgraded along with CMBN basegame.

Hi Buzz..thanks...that's what I assumed....but you know what assumed means!

Also thanks for the D/L info...definitely won't need to wait for a disc.

Cheers

BFC

Just downloaded V.3 for CMBN/CW/MG. Outstanding job...easy download, easy install, easy activation, and my minor 36% hang on huge scenarios and campaigns is fixed.

Well done...well worth $10....and haven't even seen all the new doodads....OH, and I did appreciate the ENGINE 3.OO notice on the splash screen!! Clears up the v. 2.20 confusion I read about in earlier posts.

NOW, please, please, a hot fix for CMSF......please..please....did I beg enough???

BFC

Just downloaded V.3 for CMBN/CW/MG. Outstanding job...easy download, easy install, easy activation, and my minor 36% hang on huge scenarios and campaigns is fixed.

Well done...well worth $10....and haven't even seen all the new doodads....OH, and I did appreciate the ENGINE 3.OO notice on the splash screen!! Clears up the v. 2.20 confusion I read about in earlier posts.

NOW, please, please, a hot fix for CMSF......please..please....did I beg enough???

Hot fix for CMSF?

Only BF can say, but I'd be surprised to see any effort on it considering their announced intent to redo it in CMx2.

Yep, we're planning on doing a hotfix for CMSF; Apple changed something in their drivers that causes CM to crash pretty horribly on larger maps. We created a workaround and we'll push it out for CMSF at some point in the near future.

Yep, we're planning on doing a hotfix for CMSF; Apple changed something in their drivers that causes CM to crash pretty horribly on larger maps. We created a workaround and we'll push it out for CMSF at some point in the near future.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO bring the luv man.....can't wait!!!!!!

Ok, maybe I'm a little excited.

CMBN/FI Mac 3.0 Upgrades are well worth the $10 each investment to bring your game up to date and “all the new doodads” :)

Mac 3.0 Upgrade is like getting a crisper, more feature rich, CMBN/FI ... kinda all shiny new again.

Not had time to explore all the new editor features but it is easy to find the new hit decals when the smoke clears :)

Battlefront’s and Phil undertaking a CMSF hotfix / workaround to fix Apple’s drivers mistake’ will put a BIG “Happy Face” on many, many customers:D

Thank you guys.

Pirates will soon be soaring the ‘Black Sea’ looking for a little argy-bargy ;)

Great time to be a war-game enthusiast.

We'll wait til we're done and then update. (Is that necessary or can it be done mid PBEM game? )

Upgrading game is not fully guaranteed and if it does not work you have to go back to the older version to play. Having said that it is very doable. So far every patch and upgrade that has come out I have updated a PBEM that was on going and it has never failed. There have been a few times that the first minute of play back after the update included a god awful air plane engine sound - bleck. Thank fully that only happens once in a while and it only lasts for that first minute.

There are two important things to remember if you update a PBEM game:

1) coordinate with your opponent - no body likes surprises like "hey I copy the turn but it does not show up in the saved game list"

2) the procedure for update is: watch the replay, press the BRB, save the game, install the update, open the saved game, issue orders, press the BRB and pass the turn file on to your opponent.

3) coordinate with your opponent - no body likes surprises...

2) the procedure for update is: watch the replay, press the BRB, save the game, install the update, open the saved game, issue orders, press the BRB and pass the turn file on to your opponent.

I think you missed a step - you mean that the save must happen during the "Give Orders" phase, right ?