ETA on Mac upgrade ?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, ditto.

Only plan to buy if it fixes the 36% hang.

Yep, the Mac upgrade will include a workaround for the Apple driver bug.

And the answer to the thread's question is... as soon as we can. :) There's an issue we need to resolve on our end.

Yep, the Mac upgrade will include a workaround for the Apple driver bug.

And the answer to the thread's question is... as soon as we can. :) There's an issue we need to resolve on our end.

This is great news Phil. You are going to make lots of Mac players.... :D:D:D

Thank you.

Pretty much! Hotfix came first so we could knock several nasty bugs out of the way. We're back to work on Mac 3.0. We still have a Mac-specific issue that we need to resolve apart from the hotfix issues.

Pretty much! Hotfix came first so we could knock several nasty bugs out of the way. We're back to work on Mac 3.0. We still have a Mac-specific issue that we need to resolve apart from the hotfix issues.

From the PC 3.0 responses 'you done good' Phil :)

Mac 3.0 work is "a good thing" :D

Carry on.

• 2 weeks later...

10.9.5 public beta build 13F25 was released to public beta testers. One of the “Focus Areas” is “Graphics”. I am currently in country and unable to do the proper SW adjustments to my hackintosh to test this public beta. Has anyone given it a spin? Any graphics improvements?

Looking forward to Mac 3.0 upgrades.

Results on my hackintosh using 10.9.5 public beta build 13F25...

Drum roll please..... ;)

Zero. Nada. Squat... graphics improvements on CMSF,CMBN,CMFI...

Apple did not break CMRT Mac :D Loud Applause!

You have to hand it to Apple, a multi billion dollar phone and pad maker as when they borked 10.9.2 in February 2014, they have consistently failed to fix their OS graphics screw up.

So looking forward to Mac 3.0 upgrades for CMBN,CMFI.

BTW: I could try OS X Yosemite Beta but I am NOT willing to spend hours fixing what Apple has probably yet to fix. I actually use my EVO Hackintosh for work.

Gawd I don't want to have to go to the Evil Dark Side OS for CM ;)

CMRT Mac is keeping me Happy:D

My first computer was a Macintosh. Then I got a real computer :P

Well at least you apple users have it a little better these days. You still do pay more for the Apple logo, but back in the day when my friends were playing tons of great games and simulation on PC I had to suffer as they would never be ported from the PC to the MAC :(

Life sucked. Then I got a PC. It not only changed my gaming but my life. I soon discovered that employers would pay for someone who understood the PC and how it worked.

BF should take a page out of Apples playbook-they charge more because they know the believers will pay more.

Charge $20 for the Apple 3.0 upgrade :P

EVO Hackintosh is a real computer and not a stock Mac :D

It is a custom built (by myself) multiple OS capable (yes I have a Windows 7 Pro 64 SSD in it as well). I need to us Apple OS for work and it is more convenient to not have to reboot if possible. What is frustrating is Apple's disregard for breaking a core OpenGL feature 7 months ago and not fixing it yet.

Phil has done a stunning job with CMRT Mac to put it mildly... Fantastic! Best CM game I have ever played. Beautiful and super fast / fluid with every piece of eye candy maxed out on the EVO Hackintosh. I know Battlefront will get CMBN / CMFI up to this level with their Mac 3.0 upgrades.

EVO Hackintosh Specs:

3.89 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4096 MB

OS X 10.9.5 (13F25)

DELL U2713HM Display

2560 x 1440

Life sucked. Then I got a PC. It not only changed my gaming but my life. I soon discovered that employers would pay for someone who understood the PC and how it worked.

Ah, well, that depends on what you work on. For me, being able to run unix software on my Mac and also having Parallels Desktop to run Windows - all at once - makes my research work smooth. There is a lot of scientific software that will only run on Unix/Linux and will never make the port to PC.

So for me, my MacBook Pro is the solution. And yeah, it cost a few bucks, but people continually compare the fact you can buy a 399 PC laptop to an 1800 MacBook Pro. They aren't the same computer (and I'm aware that computer savvy people know this).

Both have their places and the Mac specializes in the type of environment I'm in. We have about a 50/50 mix here.

EVO Hackintosh is a real computer and not a stock Mac :D

It is a custom built (by myself) multiple OS capable (yes I have a Windows 7 Pro 64 SSD in it as well). I need to us Apple OS for work and it is more convenient to not have to reboot if possible. What is frustrating is Apple's disregard for breaking a core OpenGL feature 7 months ago and not fixing it yet.

Phil has done a stunning job with CMRT Mac to put it mildly... Fantastic! Best CM game I have ever played. Beautiful and super fast / fluid with every piece of eye candy maxed out on the EVO Hackintosh. I know Battlefront will get CMBN / CMFI up to this level with their Mac 3.0 upgrades.

EVO Hackintosh Specs:

3.89 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4096 MB

OS X 10.9.5 (13F25)

DELL U2713HM Display

2560 x 1440

Work be damned - gaming is what it is about. Macs just don't get the love so why bother to keep making it the main game machine.

Make your own machine over buying anybody's idea what it should be. I never understood why you would want to buy a premade unless it was a laptop.

Son, if the quality of your life hinges entirely on whether or not you get to play computer games, I'd advise you to get counseling in some form or other.

Michael

Take away a kids mobile device and XBox or PS3 and see what happens these days. In fact in many places where parents can no longer physically discipline their kids without the kid threatening to report it to the police or child protective services, parents have resorted to taking away the cell phones and internet connection...

Life did suck for me back then when I couldn't play the IBM based games. But I had guns, girls cars and other stuff to keep me occupied.

Come to think of it I still do have the same things to keep me occupied.

Work be damned - gaming is what it is about. Macs just don't get the love so why bother to keep making it the main game machine.

Make your own machine over buying anybody's idea what it should be. I never understood why you would want to buy a premade unless it was a laptop.

Honestly if you can use a MAC you can use Windows. Back in the day when Windows sat on top of DOS one could see why one might use a MAC. Playing with the command line editor and tweaking the config.sys and autoexec.bat could be daunting for some.

Today windows has pretty much caught up to the Mac. The Mac is a great piece of hardware, but like the Sherman vs Tiger debate, having more is often a winning strategy.

Besides what exactly is Apple these days? I would venture to guess they are far more interested in IPhone, tablet and their upcoming new IWatch than PC's.

Honestly if you can use a MAC you can use Windows. Back in the day when Windows sat on top of DOS one could see why one might use a MAC. Playing with the command line editor and tweaking the config.sys and autoexec.bat could be daunting for some.

Today windows has pretty much caught up to the Mac. The Mac is a great piece of hardware, but like the Sherman vs Tiger debate, having more is often a winning strategy.

Besides what exactly is Apple these days? I would venture to guess they are far more interested in IPhone, tablet and their upcoming new IWatch than PC's.

I have no love for a closed system with no choice of my own.

I dont even have itunes on my comp. If it cant be modified why bother. The Apple marketing is to lock you into only be able to use their ****e and you dont have to.

Android over the ipad, samsung over the iphone, Apple will come out with a limited have to buy the next lvl cause it wont have a usb or microsd watch.

Android will come out with a better watch. Apple like Microsoft will lose market share they lost the figurehead.

Apple does like to lock you into their ecosystem. Then there was the power adapter fiasco.

People do love their Macs and Apple products. Jobs is regarded as a deity by many.

There is the crux. The Apple thing is BS IMO - never bought into the hype even when ipod was KEWL. The real pioneers are running linux/Ubuntu.

I thought that Apple was for the ones who needed their hands held to operate a PC.