Request while we wait.

What would be wonderful and a much appreciated gesture would be for BF to release a little pack of new flavour objects...like ladders, flower pots (see building thread in mod forum) new signs, dung heaps, dead cows, tractors, ploughs, watering cans, hoes and other assorted gardening and farming impliments etc etc.

Really would spice up the maps and something to keep us going until the commonwealth module.

Thanks, in eager anticipation, Wodin ;)

Dead cows - definitely need them

Ploughs - aren't there already 3 different ploughs in there now?

hoes - Yes! and brothels too!

Didn't realise there where ploughs..I was getting carried away naming farming equipment.

I was waiting for the hoes comment. You are right not only do we need hoes we also need a Brothel building, France in war time wouldn't be the same without one.

From one account I just read a tank crew were offerred the pick of a farmer's daughters as thanks for being liberated. So guess any fram building would do the job. Question is will we get the animations? Oh jeez... that's a whole new sub level for the peng thread I guess... <mind bleach>

Not at all, good fellow :)

"Flavour pack, flavour pack, we want a flavour pack!" ;)

"Flavour" .... that word starts to look wierd after you've written it a few times!

GaJ

The word "flavour" would look less wierd to Americans if you Limeys and Aussies and other Brits would use the American spelling "flavor". Right now you're commanding US forces, so use US spellings.;)

Er...your the ones who spell it wrong....fact.

I used to delight in saying such things to my American friends until one pointed out that the Latin from which these words were taken does NOT include "u" and that moreover all the Brits (and their offshoots) are doing is advertising the sad fact that a thousand years ago we lost a war to the French.

Never felt quite so self-righteous after that zinger....

...all the Brits (and their offshoots) are doing is advertising the sad fact that a thousand years ago we lost a war to the French.

But said "French" weren't actually French, at least not entirely/mostly — they were the descendants of the Norse Viking conquerors who settled in the former kingdom of Neustria (part of the Kingdom of France), which historically had a mostly Frankish population.

Not French..but Normans..descendents of Vikings. The English language is an amalgamation of Latin\German\French..the Welsh language is probably the closest to the pre Norman invasion. So even our American friends are using a language that has some of it's origins in France.

Also Latin isn't English either. So it sort of makes that statement null and void. As they are using words derived from the Italians then.

So people in glass houses etc ;)

Dietrich beat me to it.

The word "flavour" would look less wierd to Americans if you Limeys and Aussies and other Brits would use the American spelling "flavor". Right now you're commanding US forces, so use US spellings.;)

Vat aboot ze Tchermans? I believe they're in CMBN too.

...moreover all the Brits (and their offshoots) are doing is advertising the sad fact that a thousand years ago we lost a war to the French.

Indeed. It was the Norman French who really messed up a large part of the language. That English has so many odd spellings and grammatical exceptions is mostly derived from the French influence. English would have been a duke's mixture in any case due to previous invasions of the British Isles by a variety of peoples with their distinct languages and customs going back to neolithic times, but it was the French with their distinctly odd ways of spelling words who sent the language down the road to its present state of near-chaos. On the other hand, there are probably more ways to express something in English than in any other language and the French get some credit for that too. It's rather a pity that so many native speakers employ it so poorly.

Michael