Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Is it possible to rearm vehicles?

Hi all

I know you can 'acquire' ammo by getting your fellas to mount a vehicle and select the appropriate ammo type.

What puzzle me is this:

I had a german scout car (name escapes me - chicken wire roof, 7.62mm mgun, 20mm cannon - 3 man crew) and it had completely expended its ammo. I reversed it back up to the rail station disembarked the crew and acquired 500 rounds of 7.62 ammo from another vehicle.

I then remounted the crew into the scout car but the ammo was still showing as empty, the crew were showing 500 rounds of 7.62 ammo.

How do I transfer the ammo from the dudes to the vehicle? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Skimbo

It would be a cool feature to allow vehicle weapons to borrow from the crew's personal ammo stash down to a certain point. Like if the crew dismounted and grabbed 1000 rounds of 7.92mm, the AFV weapons would then have access to 75-80% of that for its weapons. That way the crew would still have some ammo for self protection if they had to bug out later. Thing is that I doubt this feature would get used much at all.

Hmmm interesting points all.

Didn't think about the machine gun being belt fed - that might be an explanation. I'm not sure how ammo arrives at the battlefield - but it would be handy if you had 2 different types 7.62 single rounds and 7.62 belt fed for the vehicles so you could grab some.

However I guess historically this would not be accurate? (enlighten the noobie please! :) ) Would recon/tanks have their own logistic units that would take care of this element separate from the footslogger/grunt?

Regards

Skimbo

Didn't think about the machine gun being belt fed - that might be an explanation.

It's not. An explanation, that is. There are belt fed weapons in almost every German squad, for example, and they can't 'donate' their ammo to the MG of their halftrack. It's just a game limitation. One day, they may decide that a full-on inventory system with a 'transfer' window where we can drag and drop into various storage modes, and time-to-do coded in, but I'm guessing that's a few expansions down the line, if it's ever considered more than a ballache that no one wants to deal with. I would vote for it being bumped in priority, myself, but I'm a micromanaging foo' and realise that handling inventory on that scale may not appeal to all (and would be difficult to handle in RT play).