[WIP](Campaign/Battle Pack) SIE KOMMEN II

The second coming of SIE KOMMEN... a new Campaign both Allies vs AI and H2H, also individual 5, 12, and 18 scenario game play battle packs... estimated release date October 31st..

Overview: Fictional account of 'what if' landings in the Pas D' Calais area on July 4, 1944 and the Allies drive to Saint-Martin-au-Laert. Follow the action of the 2nd Battalion, 175th Regiment, and 29th Recce Company of the 29th Infantry Division fighting against elements of the 116th Regiment and 352nd Fusilier Battlaion of the 352nd Infantry Division.

Features include:

• 18 Total Scenarios

• Battle Pack Instruction Manual (PDF)

• Overall Campaign Map (PDF)

• Commanders Maps and Orders Pack (PDF)

• Downloadable MOD Pack

• Movie, Graphic, Text AAR's

• Score and Points Table

• Expanded Battle Pack (when Commonwealth Module is released)

See additional details at SIE KOMMEN II Website

The second coming of SIE KOMMEN... a new Campaign both Allies vs AI and H2H, also individual 5, 12, and 18 scenario game play battle packs... estimated release date October 31st..

<snip>

See additional details at SIE KOMMEN II Website

Sounds excellent. A campaign playable H2H - awsome. I have two questions:

Second coming? Did I miss the first time around or was that from CMBO?

On the web site mentioned you have the text

Campaign playable either Allies vs AI or H2H (Hot Seat)

H2H hot seat - is it really restricted to hot seat no PBEM? What would cause that restriction or is this a recommendation due to file size?

H2H hot seat - is it really restricted to hot seat no PBEM? What would cause that restriction or is this a recommendation due to file size?

Right Now that is the only way I can get a campaign with H2H to work.. PBEM and LAN are grayed out... so only Hotseat is an option... Still looking into this... But all scenarios will be released in a Battle Pack... so PBEM will be available to all, but outside the context of a campaign within the CMBN software....

Right Now that is the only way I can get a campaign with H2H to work.. PBEM and LAN are grayed out... so only Hotseat is an option...

Wow, I never expected that would be a game limitation. I was really looking forward to a H2H campaign but Hot seat is just not an option for me PBEM is the only way I can go. BF is this as designed for campaigns or is there something the campaign author can do to make this work for PBEM?

Wow, I never expected that would be a game limitation. I was really looking forward to a H2H campaign but Hot seat is just not an option for me PBEM is the only way I can go. BF is this as designed for campaigns or is there something the campaign author can do to make this work for PBEM?
I know what you mean.... I thought I was doing something wrong, and if I am, I can't figure it out... Maybe BFC can chime in on this....

• 4 weeks later...

The latest info on the Sie Kommen II project.

8 Scenarios Completed and Tested

3 Scenarios in Play Test

3 Scenarios in Author Test Mode

3 Scenarios Map Completed

1 Scenario in Map Creation

Briefings - style adopted (50% complete)

Graphics - Operation, Tactical (45% complete)

There will be 8 scenarios Allied Attacks, 4 scenarios Allied Probes, 4 scenarios Meeting Engagements, and 2 scenarios Axis Attack.

6 scenarios at Dawn, 7 scenarios at Day, 2 scenarios at Dusk, and 3 scenarios at Night.

Campaign will be Allies vs AI (release date October 31st)

5, 12, and 18 Battle Game Packs with Rule Book, Commander Books and Maps, playable Allies vs AI or H2H as per style of the original Sie Kommen for CMAK. (release date November 15th). Victory Point(s) for all battles are based upon size of battle and importance within the overall campaign, thus totaling all VP's in the Game Packs will be used to determine the winner.

Many Screen shots of Maps at website.

Here is a view of the Campaign Flow

skflowmain.jpg

And a big Special Thanks to the play testers:

General Failure, MeatEtr, mjkerner, Chris 'Ferrous', Dutch Grenadier, NYCPizzaMan, Schutzstaffel, Reaver, Rocketman

The Campaign flowcharts are invaluable. I wish all campaign designers would include one with their campaigns. It enables players to save certain games so we can go back and get a different ending to play all the scenarios. (It's better than just posting all the scenarios individually as one gets to play with what one was left with from the prior scenario.)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just ended the first battle from the US campaign, and I must say that the maps are beautiful, teh mission briefings are excelent work and the units compostions feel very realistic.

The battle though, turned out to be 20 minutes of pure humiliation for my part. No objectives captured. Why only 20 minutes? Well, thats' because I didn't have one squad with more than 50% strength by then. I probably got 80% casualities, and I know the battle was unwinable by the 10' mark, just kept playing to get some experience.

I didn't look at the battle for spoilers, but I would like to have some tips for getting my infantry at least up on the beach?

Should I crawl or run up to the craters, should I wait for the barrages to end before trying to get on to the beach?

Can I even continue with the campaign, leaving the first mission as a total disaster? Or will I have no units for the rest of the campaign? :confused:

To answer your last question, losing Battle One does not prevent you from winning the campaign and continuing... You will be down a few units in the next battle but most will be resupplied and retrofitted..

*****Spoilers********

As far as getting off the beach, I believe there are other threads discussing this... I can tell you that all your Arty should be used starting from the first minute to surpress the areas you are going ashore at.... get to the beach wall line and regroup and wait for your reinforcements...Remember Also the setup zones are large but very hard to see with the water.... see the Op Map at the beginning of the battle that gives you a rough idea where you can position your troops before starting the battle...

Thanks for playing ... and thanks for the feedback

Third battle going on and the taste of blood is in my mouth all the time. Hellish fight going on. These couple of scenarios what I have played in this campaign say, that the other ones must be good also. These kind of battles show the intensity and potential what CMBN has to offer. I personally thank you for this campaign. Keep up the good work, and I encourage you to make some serious **** in the near future also!

All the best and merry pagan anti-christmas to all of you.

Ruutana

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Me and my friend plays the campaign (The battle pack H2H) and so far we love it. Very nice maps and fun unit compositions. As the wonderful pdf campaign manual said not all missions are balanced but should be winnable for both sides. Last night we played the mission Forward to the farm in RT. A nicely done map and we found it interesting with a night setting. For the first time in the campaign we found the mission to be designed in away that nearly made it impossible for the attacking side (US) to win, even a minor or draw victory. The map is fairly small with few protected setup zones for the US. With small adjustments the Germans could fix LOS to all but one small area and use artillery on that one.

I played as the Germans and found myself overwhelmed with forces to deploy. Two PAKs (7.5cm) could dominate a large proportion of the map and infantry aplenty with HMG and AT capacity quickly forestalled every chance the American hade at deploying and try to attack. The only cowered space the US side had was a large wood on their left flank but to reach it they had to advance over an exposed field. Even so it’s pretty easy to cover a wooded area with a few squads even at lower exp levels. The battle ended in total victory for the Germans and it seemed to us both (we are at about the same level of CMBN experience) that there were never any real chance for a different outcome.

If you Fredrock or anybody from the wonderful team that built this campaign is reading this we fought it might be more fun and harder with these suggests.

1. Far fewer Germans, maybe just a ONE company and weaker PAK support, making it important to move units dynamically to defend hotspot and breach points.

2. Larger deployment zone for the attacker.

/Kim

sorry for the weak english