Dirty Panzer IVs preview_WIP

Fuser

These look great, Fuser. Just the right amount of dirt to make it a little more grimy. If I may ask, what's your technique for applying the dirt and mud, especially the kind you did for the side skirts? I'm working on a skin and could use some tips on how to apply dirt and mud. My experiments so far haven't turned out very well. Thanks!

Hi Rambler. I use many differeny brush types and mud and dirt photoreal samples. But is a method of trial and error. I try to find a convincing mud pattern by retouching actual photos of mud, sand or dirt and modify, desaturate, etc ..them until they look convincing, then I save them as a new layer to be re-used. It´s not an easy process to be explained here, but I could send some mud samples to you if you want.

Hi Rambler. I use many differeny brush types and mud and dirt photoreal samples. But is a method of trial and error. I try to find a convincing mud pattern by retouching actual photos of mud, sand or dirt and modify, desaturate, etc ..them until they look convincing, then I save them as a new layer to be re-used. It´s not an easy process to be explained here, but I could send some mud samples to you if you want.

Thanks Fuser! Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in seeing some of your samples. I'll PM you my email address. I generally get the idea of your process, so I'll be experimenting some more.