New modules? maybe Italy or France

I wondered if it was scheduled the release of new modules.

Honestly I expected after U.S. Marines and British and some other NATO module.

NATO is in Germany, Holland and Canada, but I'd like to see much more openly, for example, France or Italy.

The Netherlands has an army of about 30,000,Canada about 70.000, about 75,000 in Germany, France, about 125,000, Italy has about 110,000(not counting the carabinieri).

Perhaps it would be nice to create a new module with Italy and France, which have also seen larger armies and an allocation of resources than other armies

Obviously I am biased because I am Italian, but I'd like to play a lot CMSF, perhaps with the Italians and French.

hello all

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great to see a realistic implementation of italian forces, but at the same time it wouldn't be realistic in the Syrian invasion scenario.

Italy is mostly used by NATO as a peacekeeping force, given that our boys are well trained in dealing with the populations of the various nations they are sent to.

The only way I think Italy could be realistically implemented, would be in a scenario where a NATO country is invaded, in which case Italy would have to mobilize fully.

France, now that would make more sense, and they do have more up-to-date toys avaiable (tanks and artillery, mainly)

Thing is if other nations are put in like Italy and France we would get a lot more diverse equipment and that would be great, we could sim all sorts of things.

I'd also like to see the ability to mix and match individual items in the scenario builder and for QB's so potentially you can have a troop of an M1, Challenger, Leopard 2, Ariete and Leclerc for example. I have a cool idea for an "all NATO" scenario but getting the vehicles is quite a pain.

Australia to be honest would really only be US and UK gear with some cosmetic changes and taller more handsome pixeltruppen.

AFAIK NATO was the last planned module. :(

Yeah, all the planned modules have been released. There were reasons given for why the French were not going to be included, something to do with the amount of work it would need versus the probable return I think.

Personally, If another module were to ever be released I would rather see another Red side included alongside a new, more temperate, tile set. A new Balkans war might have been fun. Well, for us SF gamers anyway..:)

Why they do not planned France forces part of NATO and by side US forces in Afghanistan since 2001? Because "Leclerc" tank is better than "Abrams"!

No, BFC as far as I know has a healthy appreciation for the French military and for the French contribution to Afghanistan. I think the reason they (like many others) were not included in the NATO module has more to do with the fact that "NATO" was chosen as a convenient name for a module that was only ever intended to include Germany, the Netherlands, and Canada. Obviously there were a number of powerful and interesting militaries that are part of NATO that were not included, but the NATO module was never intended to include all of NATO (which would be a massive undertaking!). :)

NATO member Turkey is a vastly more likely cobelligerent than the Italians or even the French, at least under the circumstances described in the CMSF backstory. Their equipment is about as obsolete as Syria's for the most part and the AFV matchups would likely be competitive, assuming some Republican Guard armoured formation somehow got overlooked by the higher tech Western forces....

It also provides an additional "Red" option, although I personally wouldn't care to fight Turks under any circumstances, much less on their home turf. They are a VERY different people than Arabs, a lot more like Westerners in terms of their will and ability to organize en masse for things like, oh say, a savage total war in defense of the homeland. Loyalties are to nation/ethnicity more than to family/tribe. Think Russians or Vietnamese (on home turf) -- high motivation and resilience at the individual or small team level more than offsets leadership incompetence or corruption. Much respect!

• 2 weeks later...

Remember there's going to be a "CMSF2" one of these days, transferring modern war into the very much improved CM:BN game engine. Water, bridges, european terrain and buildings, rain, maybe snow depending on when/where the conflict takes place. They've already got 'core' CMSF vehicles for the usual suspects. There's no telling what may be 'new' over and above CMSF forces. French? Italians? Turks? Greeks? Koreans? Brazilians? Who knows! :D

What worries me is that the size of scenarios are decreasing from CM1 thru CMSF and now CMBN since the new engine is such a resource hog.

For those of us who love large scenarios with regimental sized units on huge maps as was easily possible in CM1, I fear that the new iterations of this otherwise xnt game are getting smaller and smaller in scale. For example, my powerful machine takes 10+ minutes to load Omaha Beach once the inf starts landing. I just gave up playing that scenario as life is too short.

Hope you guys find a way to make the system run more efficiently so we can easily play with a lot more than a small to medium sized map and a company of inf and a few vehicles on each side.

No need, friend... As we all know, Ireland stood its ground during WW2.

It decided to remain a neutral but efficient force of intimidation...

Sorry... just kiddin'.:D:D:D

we have always been neutral, We are one of the few counties to beat the British to win Independence, and we did not have a real army. must have been all the potato's we eat:D

we have always been neutral, We are one of the few counties to beat the British to win Independence, and we did not have a real army. must have been all the potato's we eat:D

And this is why, among many other things ( beautiful landscapes and sceneries, great people, vaillant Rugby team, and a deep sense of pride and honor), I love your country.

I won't comment on the potato's part, though... :D:D:D

Have a good day.

I really like the small scale stuff. With the new style of interface in CM2 the level of engagement the player has "down low" is quite engaging. Something you lose the bigger the scenario becomes.

Just as an aside, what if CMSF2 was more "componentised" ? Most modern armies share a certain amount of kit with other, particularly within NATO. If we had the example where you could match infantry with particular arms with armour and apc's of other types you'd be in the position where you can build your own forces. So rather than releasing modules based on nationality, do it based on equipment that you can the mix and match to suit your particular wants.

I don't really know how modding etc works but I have seen previously weapons and uniforms altered by modders. So in that vein BFC could produce a standard infantry man who the player can arm with a weapon from a database of the different types and "skin" with the uniform of their desired country?????