Dodge light truck needed

I know vehicles are usually only put into games for there usefullness/practicality, but would love to see U.S dodge light truck in the game. Not 100% sure if US half tracks carry these, but maybe it can carry extra mortar rounds, mortars and anti tank rounds as well as the usual assortment of ammunition.:)

Purpose is the most important decision point for what vehicles/weapons we add. Ambulance? Add that and people will expect that we do explicit casualty recovery to give the vehicle a purpose. Since we don't intend on adding that functionality, putting in an Ambulance is out of the question. Same with vehicles that are used explicitly for such purposes as rear or higher levels of C2, engineering vehicles like bulldozers and bridgelayers, etc.

The second important decision is functionality. Do we really need to have a dozen different softskin trucks in the game when, as MikeyD pointed out, they just tend to smoke up the battlefield? Making an argument for a 3/4 WC makes a little sense in that it has a different passenger capacity than a Jeep or a Deuce and a Half, but does it really matter? And more importantly, what frontline formations used WCs? I didn't find any. These vehicles were used by rear support as far as I can see.

The third question to ask is if it is easy. Having 4 different flavors of a PzIV model is OK since it means only minor modifications to something we already have built. Sometimes the differences are so small, or internal, that we don't have to make a new model at all. Or at least we can reuse the LODs without modification. Adding an entirely new vehicle, however, must be carefully considered.

Lastly, is it a priority to add? Obviously it would be a bad idea to put low priority vehicles ahead of high priority vehicles, right? Now, if we really don't have any priority vehicles AND a particular vehicle makes it through all of the above, then that's a different story. Probablem is we usually have an extremely long list of priority vehicles.

We will have a Battle Pack, containing stuff that might normally fail the above tests, but I've got to tell you... if something basically flunks the above tests it's really got no chance of getting into the game. Especially the first test.

Steve

Above quote from this thread.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=95879

Thanks for beating me to that, Speedy. Personally, I love the WC. For a while I had 9 versions of Weasels (T-28, M29, and M29C) in various forms of running and parts. I also love the M4 High Speed Tractor. I even looked at one with the intent of buying it. What a beautifully ugly beast that sucker is!! Loving a vehicle, though, is not the same as needing a vehicle in the game. We work with "need" first on a priority basis and generally don't get to the "wants" unless there is some significant game benefit. Sturmmösetiger is a "want", but OH BOY does it have a purpose. When you absolutely, positively, must destroy a huge building in one shot... accept no substitutes :D

Steve