how to remove background sound ?

chaos, same here. The mod doesn't seem to work in-game, but when you just play it outside of the game, there are no explosion sounds in it, so it should work. I even re-named it by putting a "z" in front of the name, but no luck. I'm thinking about just "exploding" the 100a brz file (where the sound files are), replacing the original "background day combat" file with the mod, repacking it, and see if that works.

Sequoia's right, I didn't even think of that at first, you way be clashing with a brz that has another background in it.

If not, try the ones I posted, you may have a file that is either named wrong or has the wrong wav settings...backgrounds should be PCM, stereo, 16 bit, 44.1000 khz. which is different than the rest of the wavs in the game.

Mord.

Sequoia, open the file in audacity, from the edit dropdown select all, from the Effect dropdown select amplify. In the popup move the slider to the left a couple of whole numbers. You can then preview. If satisfied, from the File dropdown, select Export selection as wav to a new folder.

Nope. I think it's all sounds only.

Mord.

I hate to bring in another feature request, but the hotkey to remove background sounds (all sounds not connected to an action on the map) was very useful in CMx1.

Along with a "hide all UI features" button for screenshots. Oops that's two.

I tried the file in the depository...it works for newly started scenarios but if you try to use it with a save, it will not work since the game apparently retains the original sound file in some sort of list to use the next time you re-load the game. Or so it seems to me.

Hey Mord, no luck with your "just birds" mod either. I tried just plopping it in the Z folder, and tried it in a folder-within-the-Z-folder (named "sound"), and even in a folder within the folder in the Z folder ("background" folder in "sound" folder in Z folder). Still no joy?????

I think I need to replace the background day combat wav in the 100a brz in order to get rid of those annoying explosions.

Hey Mord, no luck with your "just birds" mod either. I tried just plopping it in the Z folder, and tried it in a folder-within-the-Z-folder (named "sound"), and even in a folder within the folder in the Z folder ("background" folder in "sound" folder in Z folder). Still no joy?????

I think I need to replace the background day combat wav in the 100a brz in order to get rid of those annoying explosions.

Are you using Veins sound mod? If so I believe the folder within the z folder must start with a letter after v to work.

Are you using Veins sound mod? If so I believe the folder within the z folder must start with a letter after v to work.

Yes, it turns out I was using veins, so I removed it completely. And made a z folder inside the z folder to put it in. Still no joy!:confused: I do have Veins explosion and smoke mod still in, so maybe that's the conflict. But wth, I'm replacing it in the 100a/sound file. If that doesn't work, the hell with it!

MJ, sorry for your troubles. Here is the setup that works for me. In the data folder I have a Z folder. In the z folder I have Veins sound mods and another folder named z. In the second z folder I have the Background day combat wav file with no explosions in the background and nothing else. I have the same setup in CMSF and it works there too.

Anyway good luck.

That's really strange. Put it in my mod folder (didn't have any other background mods installed) and it worked right off the bat so it shouldn't have been anything to do with the original 100a Brz...anyway you got it fixed so that's cool. Still kinda weird.

But that's a good reason why I explode all the mods I DL...so I can see what's in them and know whether I may have a conflict later on.

@Redwolf...I liked those too.

Mord.

The game has no idea what you are forcing it to show/sound, and doesn't take any notice internally beyond the location of the files. A validly named item gets used, an invalid name gets ignored. Once the location of the items is loaded into memory, they get used. Graphics locations are loaded before the map/editor is shown, so you can change graphics files on the fly if you go back to the title page. Otherwise they won't show. If you change transparency or texture size, you need to restart the game. For changed sounds you need to restart.