Units in buildings-spotting

If you'll take a look at the below pics you'll notice my unit inside the house has LOS only to the left/9 o'clock.Can someone,please,explain why just in that direction and not in all directions?At first i thought it has to do with unit's facing.Perhaps not very obvious from the images,but one of the member of the sniper teams is facing 12 o'clock with the other one at 6 o'clock.Visually speaking,at least,as i haven't issued a distinct 'Face' order.So,this doesn't count why LOS is obtained in the left direction.Second,i thought it has to do with the facing of the windows.Again,not visible in the pic,but the house has windows both at left and the right,just solid walls in the front/back.So,again,this doesn't justify it.It it was the windows facing,i should have had los to left/right not just left.

Someone care to enlighten me?

Thanks.

1ee77657f6CM Normandy 2011-05-25 01-04-26-25.jpg

ff454e07c6CM Normandy 2011-05-25 01-04-23-45.jpg

15efc7df47CM Normandy 2011-05-25 01-04-15-50.jpg

bb4c08a93dCM Normandy 2011-05-25 01-04-12-88.jpg

Correction,as i took another closer look at maximum zoom.The building has windows only at the right.The ones at the left are walled.But the issue remains.The sniper team has los to left where there are no windows,yet it doesn't have los to right where there are windows.Is this a bug or am i missing the obvious?

fb52157668CM Normandy 2011-05-25 01-51-05-01.jpg

Try using the "Face" command to have them move closer to the windows. Don't know why they can see out the other side though.

As above. For example if you have only one guy he will only be near one window hence restricted LOS.

If you wish to maximise you LOS around a building give the units in it a 360 degree covered arc. They should spread out and look out all windows assuming you have enough guys to do this. Keep in mind though if you have a threat from a specific direction you may want to have all you guys looking that direction OR have you guys facing away from that direction to keep them more safe.

I can't really use the 'Face' command anymore,as this is part of a pbem game i have ongoing and i already issued the orders.I will try it in other games,if possible.

Does the game takes into consideration the presence of windows placement when determining LOS?

Absolutely. No windows no LOS. Guys will only shoot out of windows as well. They typically gravitate to windows but this isn't guaranteed.

Hope your PBEM partner doesn't recognise that building full of blind troopers from your post.

That's the puzzling part as i was under the same impression :) However,my guys have los through the non-windowed wall and don't have it through the wall with windows.

For what it's worth here are some two new images showing the house in question before the sniper team enters the building:left and right,the wall without windows and the one with. Please notice how the pixeltruppen enter through the windowless wall.From what i could notice so far the soldiers will always enter a building through the door,so this might be a bug?

7da20fcc52CM%20Normandy%202011-05-25%2004-06-58-44.jpg

fb58b8f781CM Normandy 2011-05-25 04-07-21-04.jpg

Could you tell me what scenario or QB map this might be? I'm having a heck of a time trying to recreate the problem. The building's behaving itself on my little test map. It might be map-specific or (even stranger) map-running-on-a-mac specific.

I've actually seen the same thing as far as entering through a solid wall, and I think I might have los through a windowless wall as well. Two different buildings and neither are the one shown here. If needed I can scrounge up the turns showing it, but it'd have to wait till tomorrow.

Could you tell me what scenario or QB map this might be? I'm having a heck of a time trying to recreate the problem. The building's behaving itself on my little test map. It might be map-specific or (even stranger) map-running-on-a-mac specific.

The map is Meet Small Village QB-085

I tested in the editor and it displays the same behavior: los through the windowless wall,no los through the correct wall.

Below is a screenshot with the position of the house on the map,so you can quickly locate it.

d81576f91fpic.jpg

Aha! That map and that building. I was able to reproduce the problem. Am now sending it off to the professionals to look at. :)

My based-on-nothing opinion is that some of the earliest early Beta QB maps may be having occassional odd mirrored building issues. I can't reproduce the problem when constructing new maps.

I have - perhaps - a more basic question. Here was the situation:

- 2nd TF Raff battle

- In the middle of town in a 1 story building to the left of the main road and behind the first row of buildings

- I had an MG team with a covered arc covering the street (on the left) over to the first row of buildings (on the right)

- And these guys didn't fire a shot despite everyone around them pulling triggers and a German squad sashaying down a side street right behind the first row of buildings

What was I doing wrong here in terms of why they didn't open up?

I've marked the buildings where I've noticed things not working quite right. The one with the question mark, though, I think some wonky stuff was happening there, but I can't verify because everyone there is dead.

qbmap.jpg

Also, I have no idea what map this is. Hopefully someone recognizes it. Aside from the building issues, which are minor, the only issue I have with it is the underbrush on the forest on my side stops before the edge of the forest, which is less an issue and more me wishing for more concealment.