Attention!! Mac users look here!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have problems with applying the hotfix, then simply re-downoad the full version. That contains the fix and is all you need to get you going in terms of entering the full key.

If you have a problem with the game not launching after activatin (it freezes with a black screen), then please see the Knowledgebase at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk. You need to NOT click the PLAY NOW button after activating. We're still trying to reproduce the issue on a Mac to figure out what is failing.

Lastly, if you need a key reset because you used your activations trying, go to www.battlefront.com/helpdesk and Click on Submit Ticket. Make sure to not forget to include your key :)

Just for the record, I received my e-mail notification that the game had shipped this morning. No tracking code, but I suspect that it will arrive here on the West Coast no later than next Friday.

Michael

Ditto after two 12 hours days outside working on my fence I relax to find the same ... order shipped.

I'm frustrated.

I got the MAC version and the PC version. I've loaded the PC version fine, but MAC is driving me nuts. The hotfix doesn't work. I got the disk and installed it, and while struggling with the hot fix, I ran out of activations. Can I have my activations back? Also, should I ignore the disk and download the game from the Internet, now that the fix is not required? Help!

I'm frustrated.

I got the MAC version and the PC version. I've loaded the PC version fine, but MAC is driving me nuts. The hotfix doesn't work. I got the disk and installed it, and while struggling with the hot fix, I ran out of activations. Can I have my activations back? Also, should I ignore the disk and download the game from the Internet, now that the fix is not required? Help!

Franko,

Sorry you're running into problems.

The hotfix was only for the early downloaded version. It won't do anything for you now because the fix is already incorporated in what is on the disk. Downloading won't do anything either since that's the same version you already have.

What exactly went wrong when you tried to run it? I'm trying to picture how you burned through 4 activations since the only problem I know of that would use up an activation does so only one extra time.

I'll bump this to Moon, but he's going to be out most of the weekend (Holiday and what not) so I don't know when he'll get back to you. He is the one that can reset your Activations.

Steve

I appreciate it. While waiting for this reply, I tried doing a download and install. The installation is all set to go...just waiting on being allowed to activate. Bear in mind I have TWO orders. PC is fine, but not MAC. Thanks for the prompt reply. Believe me, I'm not ruling out stupidity on my end.

frank

Franko,

Sorry you're running into problems.

The hotfix was only for the early downloaded version. It won't do anything for you now because the fix is already incorporated in what is on the disk. Downloading won't do anything either since that's the same version you already have.

What exactly went wrong when you tried to run it? I'm trying to picture how you burned through 4 activations since the only problem I know of that would use up an activation does so only one extra time.

I'll bump this to Moon, but he's going to be out most of the weekend (Holiday and what not) so I don't know when he'll get back to you. He is the one that can reset your Activations.

Steve

Believe me, I'm not ruling out stupidity on my end.

Doesn't quite rise to the level of "stupid" but I guess you may have overlooked the announcement that the problem the hotfix was created to correct was no longer a problem. Happens to the best of us...sometimes. The rest of us do it every chance we get.

;)

Michael

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
NOTE!!!

1. Download 25MB Hotfix Download from here and UNZIP it to any location you can easily find.

I am one of the persons who purchased and downloaded CMBN for Mac at the time the problem raised. In fact, I tried to activate it and it didn’t work. Fortunately I bought also the Engine v.2.0, then I was able to license it after patching it to CMBN v1.x.

I have diffeent questins:

1) Do mods made for v1.x work also for v2.x?

2) How may licenses do I have? In case theu are limited in number, how can I unlicense my installation before, say, reformatting it?

3) I am also interested in playing CMBN v1.x, mainly for the sake of using mods. The URL 25MB Hotfix Download from here does not work at the moment (404 Not found).

Thank you in advance

Luca

• 6 months later...

I have a problem with the v1.11 patch.

I recently purchased, installed, and activated the CMBN/CW bundle (Version 1.10) for my new MacBook Air (see below for my system details), because my old licenses were over a year old and had expired. Version 1.10 ran fine.

When I tried to patch the new Version 1.10 up to version 1.11 before adding V2, v1.11 produced some odd labels, possibly from the underlying CMSF engine, e.g., a crewman in a Panther was labeled as armed with a Flogger. I tried downloading the v1.11 patch from three different websites, all with the same result.

Please note I did not add any mods, which I am aware, can foul up the patching process.

Moreover, attempting to overlay Ver2 on top of that patch was, not surprisingly, a failure. Attempting to launch it produced an unnumbered Error statement.

I have filed tickets with the BFC tech support and customer support. Other than confirming that I did not add any mods, I have not received any further correspondence for a week.

So, in case they are stumped, here are my questions:

1) Has anybody encountered the same problem? If so, is there a fix? As mentioned above, I have downloaded the v1.11 patch from three different websites, and all produced the identical problem.

2) My real aim is to have the latest version of CMBN/CW V2, is there an alternative way for achieving that goal and bypass the v1.11 patching process?

My system details:

Platform (PC/Mac): Macbook Air

Operating System: 10.8.4

Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

CPU: 2 GHz Intel Core i7

RAM: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

VRAM: 512

DirectX: not far as I know

Anti-virus software: none

Cheers,

Prof Oz

• 2 months later...