Attention!! Mac users look here!!

Well I'm relative new to a Mac and after about 45 minutes and several tries (this after a 4 hour dl), I got it to accept my license key. So the screen comes up, music playing, I click on "Quick Battle" and a fairly empty black screen with a long box in upper left lined in red. Below some choices about maps, with 'next' and 'ok' etc. But nothing. Obviously my file transfer went wrong.

This goes for "battle" and "campaign".

So are you folks going to fix the download file so people don't have to jump thru hoops to get it to work? I guess I'll just wait till the fix, or the boxed edition show up on my door step (bummer).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm relative new to a Mac and after about 45 minutes and several tries (this after a 4 hour dl), I got it to accept my license key. So the screen comes up, music playing, I click on "Quick Battle" and a fairly empty black screen with a long box in upper left lined in red. Below some choices about maps, with 'next' and 'ok' etc. But nothing. Obviously my file transfer went wrong.

This goes for "battle" and "campaign".

So are you folks going to fix the download file so people don't have to jump thru hoops to get it to work? I guess I'll just wait till the fix, or the boxed edition show up on my door step (bummer).

Did you move the "Game Files" folder like Steve said to in the instructions? Sounds like your maps and such didn't get moved over.

Applied the hotfix but after pressing play CMBN didn't start. Had to force exit, so when I launched again the app it asked me for the key. I entered again the key but this time I exited CMBN after it accepted. Then opened the game and all was fine.

Did I lose one installation? What happens now?

We uploaded a new disk image late last night. It takes about 24 hours for everybody to have access to it, so for the rest of today some will not need the hotfix, some will. I'm going to change the message at the start of this thread now that we know some are getting the patched version fresh from ordering.

Steve

Applied the hotfix but after pressing play CMBN didn't start. Had to force exit, so when I launched again the app it asked me for the key. I entered again the key but this time I exited CMBN after it accepted. Then opened the game and all was fine.

Did I lose one installation? What happens now?

No, you shouldn't have used up more than one. And all should be fine with things going forward.

Steve

No, you shouldn't have used up more than one. And all should be fine with things going forward.

OK, thanks Steve for the reply. Actually everything is running fine. The game is impressive! A big leap forward from CMSF.

Thank you for the effort you all have put in creating this masterpiece. The waiting was worth!

The registration page is telling me my key, copied directly from my e-mail, is an invalid serial number. Any suggestions?

What do you mean with "registration page"? Do you mean thw window that comes up when you first launch the game?

When did you download the game? If it was before this morning 10 am EST, then please make sure to install the Hotfix from www.battlefront.com/patches.

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with the hotfix?

I've done steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

I come unstuck at step 7 - "Move the installed application out of your CM folder....

OK, sounds simple enough.

So I've got the CM Battle for Normandy folder installed on my desktop. It looks like a small white icon and looks like a small floppy drive for want of a better description.

On opening this folder, I see the following items - Application, CM Battle for Normandy [folder], CMBN Game Manual, CMBN Read Me, Mac Performance Guide.

I proceed to open the CM Battle for Normandy [folder].

In this folder, I see the following: Battle for Normandy icon (looks like the US star marking) with a file size of 3.08GB which is the installed application and then there is a Documents [folder].

Well, step 7 says move the installed application (the US star marking) out of the CM folder.

I proceed to use the cursor and move the US star marking out of the folder and onto the desktop. As soon as I do it, a window comes appears saying it is copying the contents of this application onto the desktop. Meanwhile the US star marking that was in the CM folder simply stays put.

Is this supposed to happen?

I was under the impression the US star marking will simply be removed from the CM folder.

Even if I move the US star marking into the trash folder, I still get a window appearing saying it can't be moved to trash.

I look at the other guys on this thread saying they've done the hotfix and started playing and I'm just confused why I haven't been able to do this hotfix.

Help!

Thanks

Dan

Dan,

that "small white icon" that looks like a floppy

is just the "installation Disc image"

Before you do ANY upgrading

you need to drag the Battle for Normandy Folder from that Image

to someplace on your hard drive (Applications Folder, Games etc)

This is how the Game is Actually installed

Until you do this step the Game is not really installed yet

Then you can upgrade the CMBN App installed on your Mac

using the HotFix and the instructions provided

what f..k..i...ng

ihave downloaded today and i cant put the licence key

the message is always the same.....unable to activate no activation remaining.....what?

then a try to follow the instructions to put the crappy hotfix

where are the data folder??????aaarghhhhh

i m new to mac but i cant find any data folders in resources

what f..k..i...ng

ihave downloaded today and i cant put the licence key

the message is always the same.....unable to activate no activation remaining.....what?

then a try to follow the instructions to put the crappy hotfix

where are the data folder??????aaarghhhhh

i m new to mac but i cant find any data folders in resources

I feel your pain. I'm relatively new to Mac systems and ran into some issues as well.

The "data folder" that is described in the hotfix is actually part of the application file. So, when you look for it, you need to looking "within" the application file itself. To do this, do the following:

1. Open Finder

2. Highlight the application file, the one with the application icon ("CM Battle for Normandy")

3. Right-click

4. Choose "Show Package Contents"

This will open a new Finder window with a folder called "Contents" and within that folder is another called "Resources" and within that are the "Data" and "Game Files" folders.

Kind of like this...

Finder

->CM Battle for Normandy

-->Show Package contents

--->New Finder Window

---->Contents

----->Resources

------>Data

------>Game Files

I hope that helps.

Once you implement the hotfix, restart the application, input your serial # and then quit the application. Then restart the application and everything should be good.

I feel your pain. I'm relatively new to Mac systems and ran into some issues as well.

The "data folder" that is described in the hotfix is actually part of the application file. So, when you look for it, you need to looking "within" the application file itself. To do this, do the following:

1. Open Finder

2. Highlight the application file, the one with the application icon ("CM Battle for Normandy")

3. Right-click

4. Choose "Show Package Contents"

This will open a new Finder window with a folder called "Contents" and within that folder is another called "Resources" and within that are the "Data" and "Game Files" folders.

Kind of like this...

Finder

->CM Battle for Normandy

-->Show Package contents

--->New Finder Window

---->Contents

----->Resources

------>Data

------>Game Files

I hope that helps.

Once you implement the hotfix, restart the application, input your serial # and then quit the application. Then restart the application and everything should be good.

thank a lot

ok im very stupid the data folders are there but i cant see them ok

i have already done every steps but the song is alweys the same

unable to activate no activations remaining

kamerad hands up

everyone back home.

Email Martin (“Moon”) and get the activation code reset.

Once the Activation code is accepted and the application is launched (i.e. you see a menu screen) quit the application.

The “Data” folder isn’t created until you successfully start the application.

Martin, forum name “Moon”, is the person at Battlefront who resets your activation code if you have had too many unsuccessful attempts at installation, etc.

His email address is: martin(@)battlefront.com

Don’t forget to remove the brackets “(“ and “)” first. :)