Great feature loss

Its been so long sind I've done that I had to open the game and test it.

Yes, its in there and works, but one oddity I didn't recall was when you select the fire command from the waypoint the target line goes from the starting vehicle location. Still, it does work as advertised. Though the target line is from the vehicle the LOF is calculated from the waypoint.

I just now checked CMSF as well. it works the same way there too. I guess my memory's playing tricks on me. :)

Very strange so far all the fire I have tried to plot from the waypoint seems to be judged from the units current position, but I must've goofed it seems to work now.

Yes, that was throwing alot of people off, same here, until someone in another thread pointed it out.

Even though this behaviour is the same as CMSF which I've played for the last 4 years, I still did a double take when playing the demo last night for this very reason - the targeting line was drawn from the starting point of my unit, not the waypoint plot - I only realised it was working correctly and had 'always' been like this when I noticed I had LOF to an area behind a building that was impossible from the unit's starting point.

I say 'always' as I still remember seeing the screenshot of a Bradley's movement orders called 'Death Bloom'(?) posted by a beta tester way back when which came out shortly after the release of CMSF, showing a series of moves with different targeting options plotted for each waypoint which I think was going to be in an upcoming patch back in 2007 - this totally changed my mindset when it came to giving WeGo orders, and made my troops far more effective from that point on!

I

Yes, its in there and works, but one oddity I didn't recall was when you select the fire command from the waypoint the target line goes from the starting vehicle location. Still, it does work as advertised. Though the target line is from the vehicle the LOF is calculated from the waypoint.

Good to hear that this functionality is in. But that has to be up there amongst the worst user interface design decisions ever.

Is it REALLY so difficult to originate the target line from the waypoint ?

It can sometimes be tricky to click on the waypoint though.

Hmmm, I was plotting a sort of manual shoot-and-scoot in reverse - vehicle reverse, then forward to shoot at the end of the turn - but the 2nd waypoint, being under the vehicle, was then inacessible.

Anyone know how to "click on it" ? - in CMx1, of course, you could turn vehicles off visually for this sort of tweakery.

Hmmm, I was plotting a sort of manual shoot-and-scoot in reverse - vehicle reverse, then forward to shoot at the end of the turn - but the 2nd waypoint, being under the vehicle, was then inacessible.

Anyone know how to "click on it" ? - in CMx1, of course, you could turn vehicles off visually for this sort of tweakery.

I always plot the return waypoint right next to the vehicle to avoid that. It basically comes back to the same spot.