So what's the plan for other titles??

Yay: Market Garden

As there have been several questions about this lately I thought I'd re-do a thread I did in Dec '09 and post a summary of known Battlefront projects.

Combat Mission: Shock Force

Base Game Released July 07

US Marines Module Released Sept 08

British Forces Module Released July 09

NATO module Released Oct 2010

Combat Mission :Afghanistan”

Base game (only one announced) Released:Sept 2010

Combat Mission :Battle for Normandy

Base Game Release first half 2011

“Commonwealth” Module Release ?

“Market-Garden Sept ’44 ” Will include new terrain. Module Release ?

“Battlepack" Even more ’44 stuff” Module Release ?

Combat Mission “Battle of the Bulge” (unofficial name)

Base Game Release ?

Possible modules not mentioned yet ( probably at least Commonwealth, and Spring ’45)

Combat Mission “Operation Bagration” June '44 (unofficial name)

Base Game Release ?

Possible Modules not mentioned yet (Finns hinted at, plus follow ons to end of war.)

Also mentioned was a desire to do Eastfront games for 1943,1942 and 1941 in that order.

Combat Mission Shock Force II (unofficial name) Modern Combat between major powers in a temperate setting.

Base Game Release?

Possible modules not mentioned yet.

I doubt it will...CM west front is blazing the trail for everything else...because of that they'll have all the lend lease models made, a crap load of German stuff, and all the weather effects and the like...just think on the bright side...CMBN and Bulge will be for East Front what Shock Force was for CMBN...most all the kinks will be worked out and they can focus on features unique to the Russian Front.

Mord.

I doubt it will...CM west front is blazing the trail for everything else...because of that they'll have all the lend lease models made, a crap load of German stuff, and all the weather effects and the like...just think on the bright side...CMBN and Bulge will be for East Front what Shock Force was for CMBN...most all the kinks will be worked out and they can focus on features unique to the Russian Front.

Mord.

I said virtually exactly the same thing when CMSF was announced as modern Syria. Release it, sort out what is bound to be a buggy new engine and then we get a perfect WWII game. How many years was there between CMSF and CMBN?

How bout the Medriatic. Italy, Greece, Yugo, Sicily, Crete. Has all elements and branches of the German Forces. US, British, Canada, and colonial minors for the allies.

AHEM !

"Colonial Minors" ? WTF is that supposed to mean?

1,000,000 Australians, 2,500,000 Indians, 200,000 New Zealanders and 300,000 South Africans is hardly "minor".

If Battlefront follows the previous CM they will release a Russian Front next then the Med version. Perhaps there is a September 44 to May 45 version for the western front, yes?

There were three empty places for new disks in the CE and they allready told what they will contain.

I said virtually exactly the same thing when CMSF was announced as modern Syria. Release it, sort out what is bound to be a buggy new engine and then we get a perfect WWII game. How many years was there between CMSF and CMBN?

Yep. Look for the brightside! when I first heard about modern starting the show I wasn't ecstatic but I knew I'd end up liking it and figured better to cut the engine's teeth on that and get more features and better stability once WWII arrived.

It will be just short of 4 years...CMSF came out in July 2007. But you figure we've gotten three modules and one other game since then, plus CMBN...so, time well spent.

Mord.

AHEM !

"Colonial Minors" ? WTF is that supposed to mean?

1,000,000 Australians, 2,500,000 Indians, 200,000 New Zealanders and 300,000 South Africans is hardly "minor".

And the Russians are sure to be fuming, or perhaps they're over the attention always being on the "minor" fronts of WW2 instead of the eastern where it all went down ;)

I'm not sure myself. You can check the cost for CMSF modules on the game website, perhaps add another five bucks to account for inflation - maybe.

I don't think it'll be inflation so much as content. The price of CMBN is $15 higher then CMSF was originally but you get almost twice as much as I once posted:

And just for fun here's a comparison on vehicle numbers between the CMBN and CMSF base games.

US CMSF

4 tank variants

14 APC/AFV types

2 light vehicles.

Total 20

US CMBN

26 Tank/Tank Destoyer variants

12 APC/AFV types

3 light vehicles/trucks

Total 41

Syrians CMSF

13 tank types

6 APC/AFV types

6 light vehicles including technicals and taxi

Total 25

Germans CMBN

27 Tank/Tank destroyer/Assualt gun variants

13 APC/AFV types

2 light vehicles/trucks

Total 42

That's almost twice as many in CMBN. Makes me wonder if it will be more than $45.

The CMBN Commenwealth module will be huge as well especially since it will include SS and Fallschirmjaegers. I would not be at all surprised if it cost more than the $25 the CMSF modules went for.

Also, the list of titles presented here focuses around two settings, modern and WWII. If BFC goes into another theater, things like east front could be pushed back. At one point the plan was to do that, but not sure if they are going to stray outside those two areas anymore.

At one point though I'm pretty sure BFC said they would not do a modern game in a temperate setting between equal forces (Nato vs Warsaw) because they didn't want to do unrealistic or totally fictional scenarios. There was such strong support for the idea though that the plan changed and we'll get CM:SF2.