The Demo Challenges Peng

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ici Londres ! Les Français parlent aux Français...

Steve

Listen here Farloathian, you're beginning to be even more annoying than you normally are ... unless you can provide a link that would allow me to download the full game then SHUT THE HELL UP!

Joe

Listen here Farloathian, you're beginning to be even more annoying than you normally are ... unless you can provide a link that would allow me to download the full game then SHUT THE HELL UP!

Joe

I can get you the link, Joe. Your problem is going to be the password and activation code.

In the meantime, keep playing that cute little demo.

Steve

I can get you the link, Joe. Your problem is going to be the password and activation code.

In the meantime, keep playing that cute little demo.

Steve

HAH! Downloading as I type MrSpkr, soon you'll have nothing to hide behind as I vent my righteous wrath upon the pixelated troops under your so called command.

Joe

HAH! Downloading as I type MrSpkr, soon you'll have nothing to hide behind as I vent my righteous wrath upon the pixelated troops under your so called command.

Joe

Still downloading? I finished downloading the release HOURS ago. I suppose this is due to the tin cans and strings you use for that high falutin' interweb service in Mormonland.

And now, a message for our friends in France,

Les sanglots longs

Des violons

De l’automne

Blessent mon cœur

D’une langueur

Monotone.

Steve

[ActuallyHelpful]I've tried a couple of download accelerators to speed things up. I installed the first one on Battlefront's list (FlashGet), but then rapidly uninstalled it again based purely on its Wikipedia entry. The last one (Download Accelerator Plus) seems free of nagware as long as you uncheck all the "install this toolbar!" options, and has boosted my speed from an anemic ~50 kb/s to a tolerable ~200 kb/s. A 4x speedup is not surprising, since these download accelerators work by doing multipart downloads, getting e.g. four different parts of the file over four different connections, which helps when the server is doing per-connection throttling to try to cope with The Night of the Downloading Monkeys.[/ActuallyHelpful]

I now return to loathing you all on an equal, equitable, and entirely non-partisan basis. As Seanachai so wisely says, you all need a damn good whipping.

And if that doesn't work, stick it in a bowl of water.
So how's your download going there Boo Radley ... oh that's right ... you have to get a couple more hamster wheels for your system don't you ... pity ... I've got another 20 minutes and then I can play CMBN.

Oh sorry ... did that make you feel bad?

Joe

[ActuallyHelpful]I've tried a couple of download accelerators to speed things up. I installed the first one on Battlefront's list (FlashGet), but then rapidly uninstalled it again based purely on its Wikipedia entry. The last one (Download Accelerator Plus) seems free of nagware as long as you uncheck all the "install this toolbar!" options, and has boosted my speed from an anemic ~50 kb/s to a tolerable ~200 kb/s. A 4x speedup is not surprising, since these download accelerators work by doing multipart downloads, getting e.g. four different parts of the file over four different connections, which helps when the server is doing per-connection throttling to try to cope with The Night of the Downloading Monkeys.[/ActuallyHelpful]

I now return to loathing you all on an equal, equitable, and entirely non-partisan basis. As Seanachai so wisely says, you all need a damn good whipping.

If Gawd had intended for men to have quick download speeds then he'd have built DL accelerators into everything.

10 minutes to go ...

Joe

So how's your download going there Boo Radley ... oh that's right ... you have to get a couple more hamster wheels for your system don't you ... pity ... I've got another 20 minutes and then I can play CMBN.

Oh sorry ... did that make you feel bad?

Joe

Nope. I figure by the time I download the game they'll have worked out the more annoying bugs.

If Gawd had intended for men to have quick download speeds then he'd have built DL accelerators into everything.

10 minutes to go ...

Joe

I understand your wife (wives?) count down like this, too. Only, they use seconds, not minutes, and are doing it for a totally different reason.

Steve

I understand your wife (wives?) count down like this, too. Only, they use seconds, not minutes, and are doing it for a totally different reason.

Steve

That's the one I'm going to BFC with ...

Unless of course you'd like to do the honorable thing (yeah, I know guys, I find it amusing too) and give me satisfaction on the field of honor (again, amusing in his case).

Now that I have the game as well I challenge you MrSpkr to put up or shut up ... I'd prefer the later since it would mean that I wouldn't have to read your drivel any longer but I'll take the former as it affords me the opportunity to beat your metaphorical brains in.

Have at you sirrah, may Gawd have mercy on your soul for I shall have none!

Joe

That's the one I'm going to BFC with ...

Unless of course you'd like to do the honorable thing (yeah, I know guys, I find it amusing too) and give me satisfaction on the field of honor (again, amusing in his case).

Now that I have the game as well I challenge you MrSpkr to put up or shut up ... I'd prefer the later since it would mean that I wouldn't have to read your drivel any longer but I'll take the former as it affords me the opportunity to beat your metaphorical brains in.

Have at you sirrah, may Gawd have mercy on your soul for I shall have none!

Joe

THIS is calling me out? Really? Joe, perhaps you should check with your doctor and up your dosage.

In any event, what say we play a little something like . . . I dunno . . . a meeting engagement, medium, one hour, random environment, June 1944, random time and weather, standard rarity, computer picks forces, my U.S. Army mix versus your German Army mix?

I look forward to greasing the treads of my tanks with your living guts. Or somefink.

Steve

If Gawd had intended for mortal men to have quick download speeds then he'd have built DL accelerators into everything.

10 minutes to go ...

Joe

Fixed that quite for ya...

But Gawd needed to account for the speed of Joe's hamster wheel brain tapping his foot in time to the download byte count. Got a cramp yet old man?

7 minutes start to finish. Mein Gott, I was installed, up and running, driving Herr Barkmann's Panther in 10 minutes, knocking out Shermans.

Fixed that quite for ya...

But Gawd needed to account for the speed of Joe's hamster wheel brain tapping his foot in time to the download byte count. Got a cramp yet old man?

7 minutes start to finish. Mein Gott, I was installed, up and running, driving Herr Barkmann's Panther in 10 minutes, knocking out Shermans.

One of my favorite scenarios, though the AI can throw you for a loop if you aren't careful.

Steve

Then he ruins it all with a compliment about Michael.

Sad really.

Not at all. The lad recognizes quality and class and should be congratulated on his excellent taste. I will bless him with a long, happy, and prosperous life. The rest of you can go hang.

Michael

THIS is calling me out? Really? Joe, perhaps you should check with your doctor and up your dosage.

In any event, what say we play a little something like . . . I dunno . . . a meeting engagement, medium, one hour, random environment, June 1944, random time and weather, standard rarity, computer picks forces, my U.S. Army mix versus your German Army mix?

I look forward to greasing the treads of my tanks with your living guts. Or somefink.

Steve

Done and done, you'll rue the day ... or the night, depending on what the computer gives us but you will rue it.

Joe