No, no, don't bail!

This is a WE-GO question.

So, you press "K" meaning "hunt", but inadvertently were on the "special" tab. Now you've told the tank to bail. How do you say "oops, I didn't mean that"?

Similarly, it appears (to my limited experimenting) that if you click the "Evade" button, a tank starts popping smoke like mad, and once again I can't see how to say "I didn't mean to click that"...

I've done some manual reading, couldn't see it ... did I miss something?

GaJ

This is a WE-GO question.

So, you press "K" meaning "hunt", but inadvertently were on the "special" tab. Now you've told the tank to bail. How do you say "oops, I didn't mean that"?

Similarly, it appears (to my limited experimenting) that if you click the "Evade" button, a tank starts popping smoke like mad, and once again I can't see how to say "I didn't mean to click that"...

I've done some manual reading, couldn't see it ... did I miss something?

GaJ

There is not I didn't mean to do that button. This is why I use the direct hotkeys configuration and do not activate commands such as "Bail out" and "Evade" on the keyboard, rather clicking on them when I need to :).

That's pretty nasty isn't it. The fact that Bail and Hunt are the same hotkey...

You can screw your WEGO game by hitting Bail when you mean Hunt at a critical moment and it's game over for that tank... a full 2 minutes before the crew can be back in and operational, if they are lucky enough to survive the process...

One would think that the Bail button (etc) ought to just toggle...

GaJ

As stated above, the "K" being used for bail and hunt has caused issues. Loading the alternate hotkey file over the hotkey file changes bail to having no hotkey access. (It also changes a bunch of other hotkeys.)

The other solution, used by many, is to modify your hotkey file and create your own special Bail Out hotkey. (If you don't know how to modify the hotkey file, just ask.)

Ken

OK, it sounds like the alternate file is the one for me.

Out of curiosity, has anyone made a file that is "this makes it most like CMx1, as far as possible"? Maybe that's what the alternate achieves? I better go look :)

GaJ

ill certainly be looking at that ,Green

im so used to CMAK layout,that i need to change the current new layout pronto,before i get someone killed:)

yes i did one for myself, for CMSF :D

all commands are identical to CMx1 and the ones that are gone or new i made fit in the best way for me. like "quick" is Q and so on.

to manipulate the file is easy as throwing stones, you actually dont need someone else to manipulate it for you to download. its about 5 to 10 minutes work....10 minutes if you mess with shortcuts that are not for your language version. CMSF forum has countless threads about it, just give it a search ;)

Playing the CMBN demo today, after years with CMSF and the alternate hotkeys, I was constantly pressing the wrong buttons so the first thing Im doing when the full game is released is to change the hotkeys. For players new to CMx2 and used to CMx1 I think it will take some time getting used to but editing the hotkeys to what feels right is a good way of shortening that process.

I for one don’t want to assign one key to more than one command.

I've been using nothing but the tab system since the beginning...and sometimes the space bar since they added it...never bothered me. I figured new engine, new system. I don't think I've ever used a hotkey.

I play WEGO so it's no big deal...but I never thought the UI was as terrible and complicated as I've seen it made out to be since CMSF's inception.

Anyways...good gaming guys! I am at 82% and crossing my fingers the game will play on this comp I am sitting at right now!

Mord.

I looked at that hotkey file and I can see I'll be changing it to the absolute similar-to-CMx1 system soon.

Is there any way to change things like Alt-T for Trees to the old Shift-T or is that hardcoded ? ( I swear, I've got muscle-memory on that one totally drummed into my brain ;) )

I looked at that hotkey file and I can see I'll be changing it to the absolute similar-to-CMx1 system soon.

Is there any way to change things like Alt-T for Trees to the old Shift-T or is that hardcoded ? ( I swear, I've got muscle-memory on that one totally drummed into my brain ;) )

The alternative hotkey file is very similar to the CM1 style.

AFAICR it was always alt-T?

The alternative hotkey file is very similar to the CM1 style.

AFAICR it was always alt-T?

CMx1 commands like that were all Shift-something - Alt was only used for Quit Game, Quit Scenario etc. Unless everybody modded it away and I just didn't know :)

Guess I'll get used to it in a year or so ( gonna take the first 6 months just to stop doing it the old way )

That's pretty nasty isn't it. The fact that Bail and Hunt are the same hotkey...

You can screw your WEGO game by hitting Bail when you mean Hunt at a critical moment and it's game over for that tank... a full 2 minutes before the crew can be back in and operational, if they are lucky enough to survive the process...

One would think that the Bail button (etc) ought to just toggle...

GaJ

Just consider it a random event type of thing.Maybe an Engine fire and the TC gets scared and orders the crew to Bail.Every time I screw up in game,and give the wrong command,I just blame it on a mysterious random event.:D