Now we have ....

Am I hoping for too much from this demo?

Not bad to hope. Everyone who has worked on it seems extremely happy with the product that you will get to see when its ready. CMBO will be hard to beat for initial "wow factor" if you were around when the demo came out. BFC now has a pretty good track record and sometimes you guys expect way too much from them in that respect. While there are similarities between CMBO and BFN, this is not just some free revamp with better graphics.

But I guess we shall find out what you guys think in the near future.

Recently i have spent many hours on CMSF trying to occupy my limited free time while i wait for CMBN to be released. Several times i have pondered am I detracting from the wow factor from my first play of CMBN due to CMSF over use ! worried i may get bored of CMBN quickly , thinking have seen most of what CMx2 can do already , have i built CMBN up too much ! will i will be disappointed .... i hope not , i really really hope not !

Recently i have spent many hours on CMSF trying to occupy my limited free time while i wait for CMBN to be released. Several times i have pondered am I detracting from the wow factor from my first play of CMBN due to CMSF over use ! worried i may get bored of CMBN quickly , thinking have seen most of what CMx2 can do already , have i built CMBN up too much ! will i will be disappointed .... i hope not , i really really hope not !

They are quite different lol. CMSF did so many things well and a lot of guys who come and post here just never got the brilliance of it. In my mind, CMSF is still the best combat simulation ever made (Including CMBFN). CMSF was just so hard to balance due to the real world limitations of the Syrians. While I am now an ex-army guy, the modules made life great as you could fight Army units vs the USMC, Dutch, British, Canadian, or Germans and have a nice full on fight that the Syrians just never could have done in the real world. Logically the Allied forces could stand more toe to toe with us.

With CMBFN, there wont be a total superiority factor with the countries involved so your collective minds will not have to wrap around going into a battle with the sole purpose of not losing a single unit.

Does the demo come with the manual in the download? That will be reason enough not to wait for the full game.

(I just can't read that on-screen page-flipper thing without getting a headache.)

Yes, the manual is included with the demo.

They are quite different lol. CMSF did so many things well and a lot of guys who come and post here just never got the brilliance of it. In my mind, CMSF is still the best combat simulation ever made (Including CMBFN). CMSF was just so hard to balance due to the real world limitations of the Syrians. While I am now an ex-army guy, the modules made life great as you could fight Army units vs the USMC, Dutch, British, Canadian, or Germans and have a nice full on fight that the Syrians just never could have done in the real world. Logically the Allied forces could stand more toe to toe with us.

With CMBFN, there wont be a total superiority factor with the countries involved so your collective minds will not have to wrap around going into a battle with the sole purpose of not losing a single unit.

:) thanks for the reply.

Actually found going into battle trying not to lose a single unit a positive experience. If i was in command of a platoon in real life (unlucky for the platoon some may say) I wouldn't want their deaths on my conscience. CMSF was great that way, was possible, some of the most furfilling battles were went it work out with no KIAs. In that respect CMBN will be a shock im sure :D

Everyone who has worked on it seems extremely happy with the product that you will get to see when its ready. CMBO will be hard to beat for initial "wow factor" if you were around when the demo came out. BFC now has a pretty good track record and sometimes you guys expect way too much from them in that respect. While there are similarities between CMBO and BFN, this is not just some free revamp with better graphics. But I guess we shall find out what you guys think in the near future.

Define "NEAR" ? :)

Simple tick of the following would be fine :D

hours

Yes its tragic, i was hoping for Combat Mission battle for the Falkland Islands :(

Why so much emphasis on the demo?

I am looking forward to the game. If the demo is released ahead of the game, I may download it to get a leg up on learning the system, etc.

But the game is really where it's at for me!

ether or for me to be honest , demo is an indication the full product is very very close to release.