The Eastern Front next?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yes - the camera movement. I´d completely forgotten about that. Guess I must have repressed that memory.

The camera movement is absolutely horrible, actually enough to put you off the game alone (from motion sickness).

Ooops. Just realised that I confused Panzer Command Kharkov with Achtung Panzer. My previous comments were aimed at Achtung Panzer, not Panzer Command Kharkov.

Sorry.

I'm pretty sure this is not the case. Unit icons are greyed out if they cannot be controlled, but that's because they are panicked (or something similar) and not because they are out of C2. Unless you can show me the page in manual :).

Ah right - panic. I knew there was some circumstance where player control was lost. I haven't played much CMSF as the theater selected is of no interest to me personally.

Out of C2 primarily affects the ability of leaders to influence and units to spot targets for higher HQ, if I read the manual correctly?

Ah right - panic. I knew there was some circumstance where player control was lost. I haven't played much CMSF as the theater selected is of no interest to me personally.

Out of C2 primarily affects the ability of leaders to influence and units to spot targets for higher HQ, if I read the manual correctly?

It is logical that you cannot control panicked units no :)? Leaders can give bonuses (good or bad) to its subordinate units but only if the can communicate. Leaders also serve as communications hub, relaying information about spotted enemy unit to the other subordinate units as well as up the command chain. Friendly units who previously did not spot that particular enemy unit, will spot that enemy unit easier, because they know where to look. In addition, it avoids false contacts. Enemy units can be represented twice (or more) on the map as contact markers if they are spotted by different friendly units who cannot communicate. This makes it harder to read the enemy disposition.

It would be nice to see a number of theaters based on the BN platform. In 'Advanced Squad Leader' terms, there's always the core modules:

- Beyond Valor

- Yanks

- Partisan!

- West of Alamein

- For King and Country

- The Last Hurrah

- Hollow Legions

- Code of Bushido

- Gung Ho!

- Croix de Guerre

- Doomed Batalions

- Armies of Oblivion'

- Hakkaa Päälle (not yet released)

and then everything else . .

I had all of those... gave them away... Christ! so many little pieces to punch out. I had 2 sets of Yanks and Beyond Valor, did not have the last one of course. I wish I never gave it all away! Classic.