Assault Command is rather cool.

Assault command is like parallel parking a car, it works as advertised as long as you don't screw it up. Two things people always do wrong (me included), they assault for too great a distance, and they start their assault from concealed positions so the team left behind doesn't have LOF to cover the bounding men ahead. :)

What MikeyD said. I've never stopped using Assault so apparently however I've used it the end bunch problem hasn't bitten me. The key for Assault is lots of short hops. Some would like the TacAI to make the decisions about where/when to hop, but I think it's much better to let the player control it. Usually this requires as few as 2 Waypoints, sometimes 3. I find that 4 or more probably means I need to get closer before doing an Assault *or* break it up into two distinct actions with some "downtime" spent inbetween the two.

Steve

Yeah Phil , grabbed the CMSF module bundle as soon as it came out and have never looked back :) Despite the fictional conflict and bland terrain (IMO) there are some extremely enjoyable tactical problems to solve , very rewarding when it all works out :)

Hope the new member of family is doing well, hope you are managing to get some sleep these days :)

Yeah I really like Nato - it offers a nice variety in missions. I'm part way through the Dutch campaign at the mo, and those units pack a punch! It's a pity the Germans have lost their panzerfaust launchers in 1.31 otherwise I would try the German campaign too as it looks pretty tasty.

Thanks! Little chap is doing really well - he's going to be tall by the looks of things, just like his daddy :D - and he is sleeping 12 hours a night now undisturbed which is great!