Will it run on a 2010 Macbook Air?

Does anyone know whether my 2010 Macbook Air will be sufficient to run the game under OSX?

Here are my specs:

Model Name: MacBook Air

Model Identifier: MacBookAir3,2

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.13 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Thanks,

phil

My XP desktop PC has similar or worse specs than that and runs the game OK, however you may find that the graphics card will be your weak link. The MacBook lacks a lot of dedicated graphics RAM which both CMSF and CMBN eat like candy. No idea how that translates to the Mac either. Wouldn't be surprised if it runs but don't expect silky framerates.

The 2010 MacBook Air is only a Core 2 Duo and M320 GPU. Don't expect miracles. It can run fairly recent FPS games at an okay clip, but not blazing fast. I'm sure it'll play, but with that GPU it's not going to be a great experience.

Notice in gaming benchmarks that at low detail (even at fairly high res) it does okay, but once you turn up the detail the frame rate drops. Considering that Combat Mission makes use of a lot of high altitude views, looking down on a bunch of men and vehicles, it might get choppy.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3991/apples-2010-macbook-air-11-13inch-reviewed/10

The 256MB of VRAM is sufficient for most battles most of the time. It's what my primary computer, a MacBook Pro, has going for it. But yeah, CM would love to have 512MB or higher if it could.

Steve

Outstanding ... the 512's in both my 27" iMac and my 15" MacBook Pro. Looking forward to this. Now get back to work and get those last OSX fixes done so us old, old fanbois can pre-order, thanks!

Thanks for the responses. I hope to play on the road with my Air but I guess I'll have to wait to see how it really performs. If it doesn't work, I'll just play on my 27" iMac at home since they won't let me take it on planes when I travel.

I would pay for a CMBO version on the iPad as well!

Would it run on my iPad?

Actually, using a decent VNC piece of software like Screens etc, I'd be surprised if you couldn't it run it remotely. I've demonstrated Photoshop, InDesign and Vassal running on my iPad 2 to amazed folks. I'll certainly be attempting it and will let you know how well the experiment works.