The Correctly Spelled Peng Challenge Thread

See? This is what I'm talking about, Joe. It doesn't matter if you have rules posted. Even really, really great rules, like the ones I write. Rules which instruct, yet also entertain.

It just doesn't matter because you're ALWAYS going to get Goobernationals like Spazmodeus here, cap in hand and finger in nose, who wander in, so completely clueless, that even if you gave them an infinite supply of clues, due to their negative clue value, would still have no clue.

That's what I'm talking about.

I have a challenge to offer you sir, there in the back row.

Someday I'm putting this finger o' mine up your nose and have a post-count as huge as yours was the day before Your disappearance.

Juust wait for the day. I may not be as high in rank then some here, but I do happen to have some fine Sisu down my pockets. Not sharing!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See? This is what I'm talking about, Joe.

That's what I'm talking about.

Is that what you're talking about? Or is it that which you're talking about? Or this? What are you talking about? And why should anyone care?

I have a challenge to offer you sir, there in the back row.

Someday I'm putting this finger o' mine up your nose and have a post-count as huge as yours was the day before Your disappearance.

Juust wait for the day. I may not be as high in rank then some here, but I do happen to have some fine Sisu down my pockets. Not sharing!

Wait a minute... what? Was that a challenge? That's the kind of challenge I expect out of someone like Hiram or Leeeeeeeo or even Joe "I can't play the game right now, because I'm busy not playing the game right now" Shaw.

POINT OF ORDER!

If the challengee does not perceive that a challenge has been made by the challenger, has a challenge actually been made?

And if a Spazmodeus falls in the forest, but there's no one there to mock him, is it still funny?

There may have been wit there, but if so, it was just a half measure. Panache? Well... he's a Finn, after all, so that may pass for a plethora of panache in the cold, dark North. Bile? Vituperation?

In a cute, puppyish way, perhaps.

What can I say? All the world's a stage, but some of us are desperately under-rehearsed.

Try again, young Spazmodeus. We judge you perhaps worthy... worthy of being taken under the wing of... Seanachai.

Try again, young Spazmodeus. We judge you perhaps worthy... worthy of being taken under the wing of... Seanachai.

Oh man, that's really cruel. Seanachai will doubtlessly make him do nasty, unnatural things, like listen to long, pointless tales about "small friends". <shudder>

Michael

What can I say? All the world's a stage, but some of us are desperately under-rehearsed.

And, cue up the Rhino, romping in a field of green grass, and then we go to Boo Radley, saying...

What?

What the f*ck is an 'Asmodeus'? I am NOT here for you people to piss on your own hands, and then do a spasmodic thing with urine spraying in all directions, while you shout 'Look! I'm making a rainbow to attract the attention of an Old One!'.

Boo, you invoked me. You used my name. Unless you can explain to me in terms both lyrical, cogent, and subservient, WHY you used my goddamn name, I'm going to rip your f*cking tongue right out of your mouth.

And, cue up the Rhino, romping in a field of green grass, and then we go to Boo Radley, saying...

What?

What the f*ck is an 'Asmodeus'? I am NOT here for you people to piss on your own hands, and then do a spasmodic thing with urine spraying in all directions, while you shout 'Look! I'm making a rainbow to attract the attention of an Old One!'.

Boo, you invoked me. You used my name. Unless you can explain to me in terms both lyrical, cogent, and subservient, WHY you used my goddamn name, I'm going to rip your f*cking tongue right out of your mouth.

He's an angry little Gnome

Point of order, and not the one on Seanachai's noggin, isn't the SSN supposed to challenge another SSN and report upon the battle before being allowed to gallivant hither and yon? I am pretty sure we have two SSN wannabe's just aching to get jumped in.....

What?

Hi, Punkin'! And how are we feeling this morning?

"I am NOT here for you people to piss on your own hands, and then do a spasmodic thing with urine spraying in all directions"...

What? What exactly is this in reference to? (Put's fists on hips and uses his best Capt. Janeway pose) Are you doing hallucinogenics again? "You call them mushrooms... we call them magic"!

Why did I use your name? You ask me WHY I used your name? You wish to know the reason, purpose and cause that lies behind MY using YOUR name?

Hell, I don't know. First name I thought of, I guess. Which should puff up your bloated ego quite nicely on this fine spring morning. Now give us a great big hug!

Oh look, the Gnome is angry. Let's poke him with sharp sticks so he'll show us his teeth. That's if he can find them.

Michael

damn it, what happened to my sig line? A fellow takes a couple of years sabbatical and everything goes to hell! And how did my join date get pushed back 5 years. grrrrr

You were gone for so long we thought you had either died or become a junky, so we auctioned it off. I think a little old lady in Cincinnati had the winning bid.

Michael

Point of order, and not the one on Seanachai's noggin, isn't the SSN supposed to challenge another SSN and report upon the battle before being allowed to gallivant hither and yon? I am pretty sure we have two SSN wannabe's just aching to get jumped in.....

Quite right ng cavscout ... and I frankly expect this to be the last time I ever say THAT ... SSNs should challenge SSNs and not expect their betters (i.e. everyone else ... pretty much in the world) to stoop to play them.

Who knows, we could be surprised by their wit and verve and someone who has extremely low standards (or who hasn't been around, like forever) could propose them as Serf to the CessPool.

Joe

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, lets see if spasmodeus and nicknolteboy get the hint and stumble down the correct path. Do you think (ha ha ha, sorry, couldn't help that) they can manage to coordinate a challenge and a game? If so I will consider proposing one or both as serfs, assuming Rune is amenable.

If mister "know-it-all-but-still-"hey everyone"-I-have-seem-to-lost-my-signature-in-the-process", would have followed closely, I somewhat silently (and deadly?) did place my challenge against a fellow countryman just two pages ago, but then again, some kings are more intolerable towards their people instantly coming to mock and oppress with vicious force. Hang us by the balls if you see it fit then!

There's a rumour circling amongst the towns folk, that the king had whispered evil words about his people to his right-hand on the throne:

See? This is what I'm talking about, Joe. Hand and finger in nose, so completely clueless that even if you gave them an infinite supply of clues, would still have no clue.

AND THEN, directly attacking one individual with words unimaginable, ei. not appropriate for children to hear!

Have a good time!

If mister "know-it-all-but-still-"hey everyone"-I-have-seem-to-lost-my-signature-in-the-process", would have followed closely, I somewhat silently (and deadly?) did place my challenge against a fellow countryman just two pages ago, but then again, some kings are more intolerable towards their people instantly coming to mock and oppress with vicious force. Hang us by the balls if you see it fit then!

There's a rumour circling amongst the towns folk, that the king had whispered evil words about his people to his right-hand on the throne:

AND THEN, directly attacking one individual with words unimaginable, ei. not appropriate for children to hear!

Have a good time!

Oh my goodness gracious ... attacking one individual? Why I've never heard the like ... certainly not here in the Peng Challenge Thread where good humor (or humour if you prefer) and bonhomie prevail at all times.

SSNs ... there ought to be a bounty on them in general and on this one in particular. He's got a grand total of 15 whole posts to his name, he's a Goobernational, there's just not a lot to recommend him to anyone.

So it's no great surprise that ng cavscout would find him acceptable fodder.

Joe