Post Preview AAR and Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just wanted to say first "Great Battle"

I just wanted to ask, did you feel the weapons were accurate for the range you were firing out. Infantry, AT guns, Vechicles, Artillery. I know there are alot of factors, like experience, communication etc but wanted to hear your opinions on how you felt the overall accuracy was.

I have fired the MG42 several times and when I read here it really scattered shots all over, I have to say I was intrigued because most times the Germans did short squeezes which made the weapon highly accurate. In fact if the developers are going after modeling correctly the MG42 would be firing in short bursts not by just holding the trigger down.

Anyways I thought I would ask. Thanks for your insight.

• 3 weeks later...

That said, and not meaning to derail, but one of my take aways from the preview was a strengthened conviction that RT play is not for me, and not because of control issues but because I am addicted to seeing the action unfold and while watching someone else play RT I noticed I was longing to see what was happening elsewhere on the map. In general, one of the interesting things about the preview was seeing how others approach the game, it was fascinating.

Thanks again to BF and the Beta's for all the work and the previews.

I agree, what makes CM such a wonderful sim was it's PBEM feature which really turned a wargame into the ultimate chess match but especially.. could be played by very busy people at their leisure, it made for some supreme mistakes or conquests *always with major surprises when you received your turn! :)

Thanks to all that made it to previews for your comments here. I thought I couldn't get any more excited, but all the positive impressions have proven that untrue.

One question: did anyone get to see and/or play around with the map editor? If there's anything I'm more geeked for than the game itself it's to make maps and battles.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank god. It might have just been me, but whenever using light infantry, it would be like 5 minutes left and I would be screaming, 'Base of fire isn't even set up yet! NOOOOO!!' [clicking madly, setting all orders to quick]

Well, I'm a horrible pixeljoe commander, anyway. So, yeah. There's that.