Wot, No Preview in Britain?

Screen sharing utilities like Microsoft Live and Goto Meeting are not really that great with handling video. They are primarily meant to share static desktops and support VoIP.

Gamers who want to share their live video play usually use something like Justin TV.

It's free and you just need to go to the site to setup your broadcast channel. You can also record your stream for posterity.

This guy has been streaming his Fallout: New Las Vegas gameplay:

http://www.justin.tv/sajirou#/w/793588400/5

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, Calm down, calm down.

Edited: Hey, Scousers. I'm going to knock this nonsense on the head now before some bloody fool who's had a humour bypass drops by. So feel free to have the last words.

Oh yeah, and thank G for King Kenny :)

Ah yes, the whole be called a thief or be accused of having no sense of humour dichotomy – so many exciting options to choose.

As for the rest of us, I can confirm a preview in Liverpool on Saturday 19/2. I'm using our Boardroom so it can sit up to 12 – not that I'm expecting that many. It’s in the centre of town (Temple st). I think if we meet in Rigby’s on Dale St around 2pm, I'll bring everyone through – how does that sound?

All is not lost. :)

Seems to install nicely (i.e. I know where all its crap goes so I can clean it out later).

Just need to boot the Mac Laptop into Windows XP and see if its happy with that (oh and I guess someone would like sound so will need to see if it works with my Bluetooth dictation headset which of course works fine on the Mac but not idea under Windoze - suspect the built in mic wont be good enough unless I stay hunched over the machine all day).

May do some testing tomorrow “broadcasting” from the Laptop and seeing how the desktop receives it.

Other Means,

Thanks for yoru kind offer to host a UK preview. I am very grateful and shall certainly be there.

What is your preferred tipple (so I know what to bring a bottle of as a thank you)?

More the merrier mate - I only drink Veuve Clicquot BTW...mmm creamy... ;)

I'm going to see if I can split into 2 teams and do a LAN game. Put you in separate places - the "Axis" and the the "Allied" meeting rooms. I just need to find out if I can run it over a DHCP LAN. Got a couple of projectors so display is no problem.

Could be fun.

More the merrier mate - I only drink Veuve Clicquot BTW...mmm creamy... ;)

I'm going to see if I can split into 2 teams and do a LAN game. Put you in separate places - the "Axis" and the the "Allied" meeting rooms. I just need to find out if I can run it over a DHCP LAN. Got a couple of projectors so display is no problem.

Could be fun.

It could be fun indeed, I am looking forward to it.

I have made a note in the diary re Veuve Clicquot. Could you recommed a nice but reasonable hotel within striking distance - one with a car park?

It could be fun indeed, I am looking forward to it.

I have made a note in the diary re Veuve Clicquot. Could you recommed a nice but reasonable hotel within striking distance - one with a car park?

I'm only kidding about the champers fella.

The Holiday Inn at the Albert Dock is OK and has parking. You might be best searching tinternet. The Premier Inn, The Atlantic, the Travel Lodge on Haymarket St and the Crown Plaza are worth looking into.

Well hopefully you are one of the “first 15”.

I’ll have a look but if I need to reconfigure my router with port forwarding or in general end up having to change everything to suit some 15 trial application (the tail wagging the dog scenario) I wont be doing it. :)

ps just for the record no reconfiguration required. Service on your LAN polls net and allows net resource to get to your session without firewall configuration.

Lantronix do a handy little device that does it too.

https://www.lantronix.com/solutions/accessmydevice/

I'm only kidding about the champers fella.

I am not. If Veuve Clicquot is your prefered tipple than that is what you shall have. For stepping up to the challenge I put down at the begining of this thread and offering to host a UK preview I don't think it would be fair for me to do anyhing less.

Thanks for the info about the hotels, I'll have a butchers.

Now, Para and the other CM gamers are you going to support this magnificent offer from Other Means? You don't need to provide more champers just commit to turnning up.

I am not. If Veuve Clicquot is your prefered tipple than that is what you shall have. For stepping up to the challenge I put down at the begining of this thread and offering to host a UK preview I don't think it would be fair for me to do anyhing less.

Thanks for the info about the hotels, I'll have a butchers.

Now, Para and the other CM gamers are you going to support this magnificent offer from Other Means? You don't need to provide more champers just commit to turnning up.

Myself and PJMaybe have accepted mark_t 's very kind offer and will be popping up to Whitby in North Yorkshire. Of course, as a way of a thankyou we shall take a gift for mark_t. Once we know if he has any vices ;-p prostitutes are out of the question though.

ps I have nothing against Liverpool or it's people we are afterall all Northerners. It's those bloody soft shandy drinking Southerners who do my head in ;-P

No worries.

Northerners get a lot of stick in general from the Southern media. People from Liverpool in particular and i just wanted you to know i meant no offence. The constant wisecracks must get pretty boring and annoying.

ps You being a lover, poet and an acrobat must go down pretty well with the ladies ;-)

Was I offended? Yes. Surprised?

Knee jerk reaction is yes surprised. But on reflection not so.

I sincerely appologise to you. And any other offended misrepresented people of Liverpool.

And for people who are not familiar with UK- the old and worn out jokes have little basis in statistical fact. Indeed Liverpool is statistically safer than a lot of other cities (easily google-able), but mostly pretty similar.

Also- I live not far from Liverpool and in reality visit the City that has several attractions, LFC. And the City has a better atmosphere than some I've been to.

Other Means- sorry.

Knee jerk reaction is yes surprised. But on reflection not so.

I sincerely appologise to you. And any other offended misrepresented people of Liverpool.

And for people who are not familiar with UK- the old and worn out jokes have little basis in statistical fact. Indeed Liverpool is statistically safer than a lot of other cities (easily google-able), but mostly pretty similar.

Also- I live not far from Liverpool and in reality visit the City that has several attractions, LFC. And the City has a better atmosphere than some I've been to.

Other Means- sorry.

Yes spent my 40th there and had a great time. Although, i wouldn't class Liverpool Football Club has an attraction. ;-p

OK, no worries. Thanks for the apology.

Normally it wouldn't have bothered me - certainly not on any other forum. I just think quite highly of the people on here and so hold them to higher standards of civility, especially if I don't really know them.

So let us move on. You're welcome to come to the preview as you live close. Should be a lot of fun.

Gentlemen - you can't fight here! This is the WAR ROOM.