Wot, No Preview in Britain?

OK, no worries. Thanks for the apology.

Normally it wouldn't have bothered me - certainly not on any other forum. I just think quite highly of the people on here and so hold them to higher standards of civility, especially if I don't really know them.

So let us move on. You're welcome to come to the preview as you live close. Should be a lot of fun.

I could tell that it did and thanks for accepting my apology it won't happen again.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, no worries. Thanks for the apology.

Normally it wouldn't have bothered me - certainly not on any other forum. I just think quite highly of the people on here and so hold them to higher standards of civility, especially if I don't really know them.

So let us move on. You're welcome to come to the preview as you live close. Should be a lot of fun.

Thank you very much for that; and it is not the reason for my appology.

Would love to come and will ask the family to check their diaries and award me a leave pass.

Well said about the standards here. I go through periods of just dropping by and lurking because of the usual high standard of debate and knoweldge.

EDITED: Para- you keep apologising between my apologies. I hope he accepts my appolgies too because I kicked it off. Stop appologising for a bit mate, so I can be the one appologising. LFC bloody Silver mine.

Thank you very much for that; and it is not the reason for my appology.

Would love to come and will ask the family to check their diaries and award me a leave pass.

Well said about the standards here. I go through periods of just dropping by and lurking because of the usual high standard of debate and knoweldge.

EDITED: Para- you keep apologising between my apologies. I hope he accepts my appolgies too because I kicked it off. Stop appologising for a bit mate, so I can be the one appologising. LFC bloody Silver mine.

Oh I'm sorry ;-p

Think we have squared that away now. Just like to reiterate what both you and Other Means stated that the standards on here are high and long may that continue.

ps looking forward to the release of this so that i can give you both a good thumping.

All is not lost. :)

Seems to install nicely (i.e. I know where all its crap goes so I can clean it out later).

Just need to boot the Mac Laptop into Windows XP and see if its happy with that (oh and I guess someone would like sound so will need to see if it works with my Bluetooth dictation headset which of course works fine on the Mac but not idea under Windoze - suspect the built in mic wont be good enough unless I stay hunched over the machine all day).

May do some testing tomorrow “broadcasting” from the Laptop and seeing how the desktop receives it.

Update:

Synopsis - don’t get your hopes up. :)

Yes it installs and yes it runs

Did a test here today and what I was showing did turn up on my PC but with a 30 sec+ lag.

Windows XP got all confused about using the line out socket for sound Vs my Bluetooth headset.

So it looks like if it does go ahead you will get:

1. A jaggy jumpy picture

2. Possibly no commentary (I’m guessing the people in the room would like sound).

3. No idea if it would be live or could be stored.

Can’t check on 3 because my login credentials that work fine on the desktop client now no longer work on the website.

All in All I’ll put a bit more effort into it but its starting to have PITA written all over it.

Whitby Preview date: Saturday 19th Feb

To Para+1, Pls pm your email address and will send contact information out

Start time depends on when you guys want to kick off, thinking between 1-3pm for a late finish?

Mark

PS Have room for more if anyone else out there wants in for a Yorkshire preview?