Wot, No Preview in Britain?

OK, we have previews being set up in California, Chiacago, Pennsilvania and, even, OZ, but nothing in the UK. Times are hard for us Brits and ther aren't many of us players who can afford to jet across the pond for an afternoon's look at a new game. However, I am sure we are a significant market for Battlefront.

So any chance of a preview being set-up in the UK? If there are no Uk based Beta-testers, I am prepaed to do the leg work etc., if BF will release the software to me.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brits Not in CM2 Normandy

I'm pretty sure your post is not entirely serious, but just in case someone comes along, sees this post, and doesn't read anything else and throws a tantrum, there WILL be Brits in the first module for CM:BN. ;)

No Preview in the North West of England.

This is pretty much out of BFC's hands. The only way they can have previews is if there is a beta tester who lives there, who wants to do a preview, who has the time to do a preview, and who has the resources to do a preview. For example, NorCal guys are lucky that I'm not the only tester in the area, because I don't have the resources to do a preview all by myself.

I'm pretty sure your post is not entirely serious, but just in case someone comes along, sees this post, and doesn't read anything else and throws a tantrum, there WILL be Brits in the first module for CM:BN. ;)

First module, globule. Make the Brits wait again, maybe there's some old fashioned bias like we all be drinking tea on a hill waiting for the SS to show up in the same module. If there was no descrimination they would take into account of the UK's highest travel costs in the universe and facilitate several. Plus most of us don't want the VD award.

Oh and the answer; maybe not many Brit beta testers, hmmm so that's how it is. Britishism at it's most incideous.

Chaps, please! I am trying to make a serious pitch here. I don't really mind if the host isn't me. I'll even be prepared to go to Essex (*shudders*) but I do think a UK preview ought to be available.

What about an RDP or GoToMyPC session to another beta testers console to view and or possibly have a play ?

Disabled clipboard

Enable Sound

Half decent net connection

= preview in the UK .... an possibly from the comfort of our own workstations :)

First module, globule. Make the Brits wait again, maybe there's some old fashioned bias like we all be drinking tea on a hill waiting for the SS to show up in the same module. If there was no descrimination they would take into account of the UK's highest travel costs in the universe and facilitate several. Plus most of us don't want the VD award.

Oh and the answer; maybe not many Brit beta testers, hmmm so that's how it is. Britishism at it's most incideous.

Yeh what he said

If you're prepared to go to Essex you should get a VC never mind a Preview.

Now that is unfair. Essex has got a a bit of a bad reputation but it is not all deserved. There are Essex girls who put scent behind their ears to make themselves attractive rather than their ankles and there are some Essex girls whose eyes light up without a torch (flashlight) being shone in their ear. Furthernore I am reliably infromed that therer are parts of that County where the young ladies think that protection during the s3x act is more than just a bus shelter.

However, to get bogged down into Essex Jokes is not the point. Getting UK preview is. I don't mind if it is in Northumbria, Essex or Sussex. If BF want one to happen I'll am prepared to arrange it if they don't have anyone else lined up.

Surely it should be where the most UK members hail from? ;-p

I'm in the North East anymore Northerners?

I have a noble friend that was looking at a phd around warrior traits in societies. I think he was saying higher % up north. Plus petrol's even more expensive down south.

Disclaimer- had a mate who ran UK wide business and in the end the Liverpool area was the only zone he barred standard 30 day business credit to. So North west excluding a zone that was alledged as "theiving scouse gypsy land."

I have a noble friend that was looking at a phd around warrior traits in societies. I think he was saying higher % up north. Plus petrol's even more expensive down south.

Disclaimer- had a mate who ran UK wide business and in the end the Liverpool area was the only zone he barred standard 30 day business credit to. So North west excluding a zone that was alledged as "theiving scouse gypsy land."

Thankfully, i don't live anywhere near scouseland.