Wot, No Preview in Britain?

Para, no sweat, I thought you were taking the p*ss when you mentioned the age limit.

Chaps, I know I said I'd willingly travel to Essex and I didn'r much care where in the UK the preview was held but someone has now mentioned Liverpool as a possible location. There are limits you know - south-side Chicago would be prefeable, and probably safer.

Anyway, hopefully Steve will respond and grant a UK preview.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about an RDP or GoToMyPC session to another beta testers console to view and or possibly have a play ?

Disabled clipboard

Enable Sound

Half decent net connection

= preview in the UK .... an possibly from the comfort of our own workstations :)

Well I would be happy to do that.

Of course you’d have to put up with the time zone (not me). :)

Wotcha, Futon River Crossing,

Or may I call you Futon?

Dude, if you're planning on sleeping on him maybe there's other sites.

Well the joke may end up being on you as I DO know a Scots tester, but I DON‘T know of an English or Welsh one.

Of course now that you have pi**ed him off ....

Pissed off a scot- sheeeiit: www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEOQqnHMSMc

Romans were'nt stupid you know.

I live in Liverpool....

Thank you Wodin, that's show's courage, and admittinging it is the first step.

My name is vincere, and I support Liverpool Fc. Sometimes it's hard and I go back to the Liverpool. But Sky Sports and Match of the Day has changed my life.

Is there anything that you'd like to add?

Aussies who haven't taken the trip yet...

If no one else suggests, and there is enough interest I can look into a broadcast of the game preview here. You have 6 hours ahead of us I believe, so you won't have to be up all night, unless you prefer talking to your southern brethren.

Let me know...

Rune

Well as I don’t know when you plan to conduct yours ... :)

In terms of dates, yours will be on the 12th and that’s fine.

If mine turns out to be the 19th (subject to a leave conference on Monday to address everyone’s holidays hat went out the window with the flood waters). then its already 7 days behind yours.

However on the given day I’d probably look at a 1000 EDT kickoff (that’s Lima timezone. Which is 2300 Zulu or GMT).

No idea how that compares with “Central Time” or whatever Chicago uses?

Start time is probably also subject to attendee feedback.

Trust me I believe the bridge will be there. :)

You sure your from Yorkshire (home of Boycott and Parkinson)?

Just that the interests don’t include cricket? :)

Kingston Upon Hull my friend and i'm a Rugby League man. My interests aint that varied watch Rugby League and coach it and play war games. Although, i do watch a bit of Ashes cricket just to see the aussies get slammed :-P

And of course there are the multitudes of potential customers who live no where near any of the possible previews areas in US or UK.

Might I make a suggestion that someone elect to be a responsible videographer for each of the sites so that these videos could be later posted to YouTube for enjoyment by all?

This won't be as engaging as being an on-site participant, but it will still impart some info and be a good source of entertainment for the message board in general.

Or are the rank and file too camera-shy?