Wot, No Preview in Britain?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be able to swing a preview in Liverpool.

I have a noble friend that was looking at a phd around warrior traits in societies. I think he was saying higher % up north. Plus petrol's even more expensive down south.

Disclaimer- had a mate who ran UK wide business and in the end the Liverpool area was the only zone he barred standard 30 day business credit to. So North west excluding a zone that was alledged as "theiving scouse gypsy land."

And I'm also of Gypsy heritage. Don't bring your friend.

had a mate who ran UK wide business and in the end the Liverpool area was the only zone he barred standard 30 day business credit to. So North west excluding a zone that was alledged as "theiving scouse gypsy land."

Thankfully, i don't live anywhere near scouseland.

@ Para and Vincere...ain't irony a bitch!

Nice one Other Means,

If you go ahead with it count me in and if you need a hand with anything just ask.

If anyone prefers to travel to North Yorkshire, I can host a preview too, will be between 14-20th Feb. It would likely be at my home (near Whitby) so numbers may be limited. Pls let me know if you would like to come! Cheers...edited to say 'Honest guv I am actually a playtester even tho it says junior member above. I just make the tea.

If anyone prefers to travel to North Yorkshire, I can host a preview too, will be between 14-20th Feb. It would likely be at my home (near Whitby) so numbers may be limited. Pls let me know if you would like to come! Cheers...edited to say 'Honest guv I am actually a playtester even tho it says junior member above. I just make the tea.

I live in Hull so i would be interested so would another member. Whitby aint too far away too. What version of the game would it be?

What version of the game would it be?

Probably the Beta that’s current at the time of the presentation (and none of us know what that is because surprising with products being developed new Betas come out on a regular basis).

Its hasn’t come out yet so there aren’t different versions. :)

Or do you mean something else?

What about an RDP or GoToMyPC session to another beta testers console to view and or possibly have a play ?

Disabled clipboard

Enable Sound

Half decent net connection

= preview in the UK .... an possibly from the comfort of our own workstations :)

I had a look at this.

GoToMyPC costs money US$19.99 a month for a user and it goes up from there (presumably more than a person would want to connect)?

TeamViewer is “free” but its one to one only.

Neither gets you around the current 11 hour time difference between the UK and here.

Probably the Beta that’s current at the time of the presentation (and none of us know what that is because surprising with products being developed new Betas come out on a regular basis).

Its hasn’t come out yet so there aren’t different versions. :)

Or do you mean something else?

Cheers that answered my question

I had a look at this.

GoToMyPC costs money US$19.99 a month for a user and it goes up from there (presumably more than a person would want to connect)?

TeamViewer is “free” but its one to one only.

Neither gets you around the current 11 hour time difference between the UK and here.

GoToMeeting is probably better in hindsight. We use it to allow remote consultants to see latest builds published from an internal PC. 30 Day free trial available. Think you can get 15 online, really easy to setup and use.

http://www.gotomeeting.co.uk/fec/online_meeting

So thu sfar we have an offer of a preview in Whitby (13th century abbey, old cobbled streets, Captain Cook, Jet jewellery, inspiration for Dracula and kippers), The Highlands of Scotland (majestic Scenery, superb ingridients - if not awlays good cooking, history so romantic one needs to hold ones' breath and malt whisky) or Liverpool (home of the Beatles and erm.... well, they might not nick the wheels off your car). Tricky decision.

In practical terms for me its all one (from the South Coast its a three day trip whichever site is chosen), so please could we have a decision, chaps, and a date.

So thu sfar we have an offer of a preview in Whitby (13th century abbey, old cobbled streets, Captain Cook, Jet jewellery, inspiration for Dracula and kippers), The Highlands of Scotland (majestic Scenery, superb ingridients - if not awlays good cooking, history so romantic one needs to hold ones' breath and malt whisky) or Liverpool (home of the Beatles and erm.... well, they might not nick the wheels off your car). Tricky decision.

In practical terms for me its all one (from the South Coast its a three day trip whichever site is chosen), so please could we have a decision, chaps, and a date.

Yes - go to Whitby.

GoToMeeting is probably better in hindsight. We use it to allow remote consultants to see latest builds published from an internal PC. 30 Day free trial available. Think you can get 15 online, really easy to setup and use.

http://www.gotomeeting.co.uk/fec/online_meeting

Well hopefully you are one of the “first 15”.

I’ll have a look but if I need to reconfigure my router with port forwarding or in general end up having to change everything to suit some 15 trial application (the tail wagging the dog scenario) I wont be doing it. :)