Find this a tad disturbing...

(I'm also really curious to know how you know that most of your customers don't play multiplayer... but my guess is you're going to keep those cards close to your vest)

It's something that is true of most games in general. Most game play time for most games is spent in a single player mode.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That being said, we do want to offer what we call the "compromise" TCP/IP WeGo solution sooner rather than later. This would allow WeGo play over the Internet but without Playback. That's fairly straight forward to add. Having Replay is not. And when we do get to that the primary reason will be to give RealTime play a playback capability (which can then be moved to TCP/IP WeGo probably with little effort).

Steve

This is great to hear and will essentially get two birds with one stone, hopefully. As we all know the RT modes single biggest shortcoming is no replay. IMO, RT with replay will make playing WEGO against the AI obsolete, but of course PBEM will never die.

So, how soon does "sooner rather than later" actually mean? Will this be the next major feature addition to the next family? Assuming this will be the Bulge family or maybe the first East Front release. I know it's probably too far ahead to tell us much more.

So, how soon does "sooner rather than later" actually mean? Will this be the next major feature addition to the next family? Assuming this will be the Bulge family or maybe the first East Front release. I know it's probably too far ahead to tell us much more.

Be careful what you wish for.

"Will this be the next major feature addition to the next family?"

Means the next product after CM:BN (i.e. after Commonwealth, after Bulge, after East Front, etc.) i.e. CMSF 2, so a few years away.

But hey you asked for it. :)

Be careful what you wish for.

"Will this be the next major feature addition to the next family?"

Means the next product after CM:BN (i.e. after Commonwealth, after Bulge, after East Front, etc.) i.e. CMSF 2, so a few years away.

But hey you asked for it. :)

Well that sucks to hear, if it is indeed true. I was hoping the "sooner" part meant within the next two families and the "rather than later" meant the sequel to CMSF.

Oh well, another reason why patience is so important for BF fans. :eek:

Sorry, LTCOL - a family is one base game and all of its modules as stated previously by Steve himself. So the next family will be Bulge or Eastern Front, whichever comes first. WWII will be divided in to 4 families with 2-4 modules each. See here:

http://battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1190068&postcount=5

and here:

http://battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1209312&postcount=25

and here (couldn't find the original post from Steve on this, but it's a direct quote - down by 'Time period & Content of Modules'):

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1136550&postcount=1

Just to set the record straight ;).

It's always been, and probably will always be, that most games are played solo most of the time by most players. Even supposedly multi-player centric games, like FPS, keep to this truth even if to a lesser degree. The only games that DEFINITELY have more multiplayer activity than single player are the games which can only be played multiplayer.

Steve

"The only games that DEFINITELY have more multiplayer activity than single player are the games which can only be played multiplayer."

There ya go, can't argue with that logic. I was looking at those newest posted pics... ah.. what's up with the hands, those fingers... downright creepy!.

The only games that DEFINITELY have more multiplayer activity than single player are the games which can only be played multiplayer. Steve

Agreed , especially when ADSL contention ratios and connections speeds around half the planet put many of us at such a disadvantage against players with less latency issues (depends on the game type obviously). So much easier to boot up , start the prodcut , point a click against the AI for a few hours within your own time and space. This is not to say there inst a need for on-line opponents , just not a priority for me personally and the time i have available.

And the CM2 AI seems way better than in CM1. I switched to PBEM vs a human within a year or so in CM1, but after 3 years on CM2, I find playing the AI is still very satisfying.

Considering how time-consuming, frustrating and expensive it is to create good AI, am grateful that BFC hasn't gone the way of other developers who don't want to spend what it takes and announce that the game is RT multiplayer to cover up the fact that their AI sucks.