1.31 patch?

zmoney

I am sure that the Canadians would not have sat around whinging about it and refused to attack.

If I had known at the start that the game was flawed I would have waited for the bugfix.

Your reaction simply reminded me of certain girlfriends who... well never mind...

Erwin I’m done trying to be civil with you. Some of us out here have real life military experiences that are not the same as yours sitting in the controlled environment of a library reading a book which is sometimes second or third hand info. This is also a reason that I seriously doubt a book worm like you would have any girlfriends that I remind you of. Set aside that, what about me wanting to know when a product that I already purchased is going to be fixed is girlish? You said yourself if you knew it was an issue you wouldn’t have started the campaign, sounds pretty contradictory to me.

Another thing quit quoting someone else’s real life experiences because frankly I could care less what you read. It has nothing to do with a video game maker leaving certain parts of the TOE out of the game and if you can’t realize this then maybe I need to write a book and put it in your library so you would think my argument valid and manish. Now if BFC had a realism tab where sometimes some of your equipment didn’t show up that would be fine but that isn’t the case. It’s not like I’m complaining about one of my vehicles getting hit and immobilized by the enemy and now I can’t drive it anymore, I’m arguing about something being left out entirely.

Well considering it has been stated that it IS a bug, trying to justify it into some kind of simulation of leaving equipment behind is a bit odd. I can understand your frustration zmoney. Hopefully the patch is out very soon.

My thoughts exactly.

But technically speaking, Erwin your wrong. AFAIK right now all scenarios and campaigns in the game featuring the Dutch have no radios and the Canadians have no demo charges. So this is a confirmed bug, it happens 100% of the time. So you see by justifying it with saying "Hey SNAFU's happen in RL, deal with it!" is flawed. SNAFUs do not happen 100% of the time in RL.

Zmoney awaits your apology! :D

Having been around these boards for ten(!) years now, I've seen this cycle repeated many times:

1. Patch is released, fixing former bugs

2. New bug is found, computer programming being what it is

3. Wailing and gnashing of teeth, gamers being what they are

4. New Patch is released, BTS being what it is

Inevitably, step 3 involves a certain amount of complaint, and BTS' response is inevitably "We are working on it."

Inevitably, they are working on it. Step 4 fixes the bug and the cycle repeats itself. Thus the game gets better and better.

Have patience.

Well Erwin I must say that you were a little offensive with your posts, perhaps not intended but after Zmoney tried to be friendly (in which he succeeded imo) you could have been a bit more nice than comparing him to certain *FUSSY* girlfriends you had.... :D

Anyways, indeed it is just a frigging game (forum) and the whole sole point of being here is having fun. At least that is it for me and I hope for all of the rest too.

We don't toss out fixes, we make patches :D The difference is patches are a cumulative collection of fixes which have been tested and verified by our testers to solve identified problems and avoid making new ones. We then have to make an installer and test that as well for the same reason. Rushing a patch is never a good idea.

Steve

For a lot of 'bugs" brought up here other developers would simply tell you "that's what the game's like, so live with it." BFC's to be commended for the way the game's evolved over the last 3-4 years. I've lost count of the number of substantial patches done.

A fair proportion of stuff mentioned seems to be more a differnces of opinion rather than actual game glitches. Marder/Bradley/LAV should/shouldn't be firing its cannon/coax mg/ATGM at this/that particular target under this/that circumstance... at dusk... in a strong wind. ;)

For what it's worth, I completed the first mission in the Canadian campaign with a win accomplishing all objectives except that the 4 KIA and 10 WIA Canucks knocked me down to a Minor Victory. Much as I enjoy the boom of a sachel charge blasting thru a wall, I don't think their absence made any significant difference.

However, I now have a dilemma... Carry on the campaign or wait for the patch. So... Is there a later mission that simply cannot be accomplished without sachel charges etc?

If it's just an issue of making the scenarios more challenging, I'll just carry on with the campaign as is. The added challenge is what makes it fun.

I also noticed that at the start of the 2nd mission that while my arty has the same (depleted) ammo as at the end of mission one, the Apaches appear to be fully resupplied.

The briefing warns that the arty and air assets are shared between the first two missions, so I was expecting much less Apache ammo.

Is that also a bug, or intentional?