BFC needs to talk to these guys!

I know b**ger-all about the IDF, but I'd think there has got to be enough Allied equipment lying around at this point to do a reasonable approximation of an IDF force reoccupying its previous buffer zone in South Lebanon and maybe even punching a klick or two across the Golan to put a stop to intense Syrian/Hezbullah rocket attacks.

Sure, no Merkavas, but if you swap in another MBT what else is fundamentally missing that you can't find a reasonable surrogate for? There's all shapes and sizes of infantry squads available now.

Yea it's too bad that some would get b--t hurt by it but it would be cool just to do 1956 to 1982.

Yeah, I've been advocating '56-'73 for nearly a decade now to no avail. I understand their reasons for passing on this hot potato and don't blame them, but it sure would be nice if it could happen without starting an online Armageddon.

Michael

Yeah, I've been advocating '56-'73 for nearly a decade now to no avail. I understand their reasons for passing on this hot potato and don't blame them, but it sure would be nice if it could happen without starting an online Armageddon.

Michael

That would be pretty awesome, though I can understand it's not an easy issue. It's probably the thing I'd like to see most actually, although the pacific theatre would also be nice :)

BFC is already providing battles between US, UK (NATO) against Syria. If it was Israeli's against them and Lebanon would that make a huge difference ?

You can always title your troops israeli's and attack Syria. Ok, you won't have the Israeli's tanks, IFV and others and troopers armaments, but would that again make a huge difference ?

For the rest I agree, it is a very sensitive proposal for BFC. Is it worth the problems it might raise ?

The background story of CMSF gives enough room to imagine an actual Israeli attack on Syria in 2008. Just decide for you that the detonation of waste uranium in major cities of the west the manual talks about, was orchestrated from behind the curtain by Mossad as a false-flag operation...

That's what I think (not the Mossad part -- that's just too tinfoil hat kooky). Israel could hardly expect to be exempted from the dirty bomb attacks that provide the pretext for NATO invasion of Syria, its tight border security notwithstanding.

And once the NATO invasion began, Syria and Hezbollah could be expected to repeat Saddam's gambit of trying to provoke Israel into joining so the rest of the Islamic world would side with them and they could paint it as Zionist aggression. With their common border, they would have a lot more than Scuds to throw at Israel even if the USAF tried very hard to suppress the Golan.

One can readily imagine a few "lucky" hits on Israeli settlements or use of NBC or other contaminants to trigger a "limited incursion" across the Golan by heavy IDF forces a la Parrots Beak or Lam Son 719 to remove the Syrian artillery, and to hell with what the Arabs or Allies think about it. By the same token, they can be expected to go after Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon for the umpteenth time. In for a shekel in for a pound.

Yeah, that's about right. Anything even distantly touching on the Arab-Israeli conflict is a hot potato and then some. BFC would have to install special fire fighting equipment just to keep the flames down to a level tolerable to fire retardant suiting.

Michael

You sure about that? Project Reality, an extremely popular mod for Battlefield 2 pulls it off . They even have maps pitting IDF against Hamas and you can play as either (one of them is a recreation of part of the Gaza strip). One of my most frustrating moments was being *this* close to planting two IEDs directly underneath a merkava that didn't have infantry support covering it (or so I thought) and then getting killed before I could detonate.

No flame wars as of yet on their gigantic forums:

http://www.realitymod.com/

It has absolutely nothing in common with the original game btw, I highly recommend it if you're interested in shooters at all... 90% of the players have microphones and use them and it's all very coordinated most of the time... despite 64 players on one server.

EDIT: I know commercial links aren't allowed but this is a free mod so I'm good right? If not just remove the link and people can google it lol :P. thanks mods.

You sure about that?

All I know is that most of the time when a discussion of Arab-Israeli conflicts (of any sort) has come up, it has almost immediately degenerated into a flame war that required the moderators to step in, shut down the thread, and usually ban a person or two. It's a subject that many people are passionate about and simply can't control themselves when it comes up.

Michael

An Israeli module would be very welcome.

The back storry could be that Syria launches a strike into Isreal in an attempt to get wider support. Maybe less flaming than Israel going the other way. + We get to try Syria on the offensive.

You could do that and then have a module where Isreal pushes Syria back and does an invasion of it's own. That way you could fight both sides of the conflict.

All I know is that most of the time when a discussion of Arab-Israeli conflicts (of any sort) has come up, it has almost immediately degenerated into a flame war that required the moderators to step in, shut down the thread, and usually ban a person or two. It's a subject that many people are passionate about and simply can't control themselves when it comes up.

Michael

Huh... guess the people over at PR (many in the 16-25 age bracket) are just more mature than those here (many in the 35+ age bracket). Kinda sad :confused:

Huh... guess the people over at PR (many in the 16-25 age bracket) are just more mature than those here (many in the 35+ age bracket). Kinda sad :confused:

I suppose you could make the argument that they are also less informed/educated, but then again I don't know anyone over there so who am I to judge : )

I suppose you could make the argument that they are also less informed/educated, but then again I don't know anyone over there so who am I to judge : )

LOL. I'm sorry but that's just a dumb argument. Believe it or not, everyone who plays non-wargame games are not completely uninformed ADD addled children. Why do you think the PR dev team added IDF and Hamas forces to the latest update? Because the entire forum was CLAMORING for it. Kinda hard to want them to be included and be completely unaware of what's happening over there :confused:

Anyways, props to them for not giving two ****s about what's politically correct. One of the few dev teams brave enough to do that. Certainly unlike the cowards who pumped out the latest Medal of Honor piece of junk... they renamed the "Taliban" forces to "Opposing Force" in multiplayer after a lot of "pressure" was put on them to change it. LOL. They should learn from Rockstar Games (makers of GTA series) that controversy = free advertising on CNN, Fox and MSNBC = more $$$