BFC needs to talk to these guys!

There were three things I want to bring up when I started this thread.

First, these gentlemen seem to have built an extraordinarily detailed terrain model. In a hypothetical perfect world you could overlay the CMX2 combat system onto this terrain model and the game would be even better. I realize it might take 128 core server to run it. But hey, we can dream.

My second thought is of Israeli procurement might not be quite as hard nut to crack as the Pentagon's. Especially if you carefully allied yourself with the right Israeli company. And it is at least possible if CMX2 gets taken up by a significant military establishment anywhere, we might get more of the features we all so desperately want. Co-play and better multiplayer come immediately to mind.

And last but not least, the IDF does not lack for more or less unique toys. And in a completely unpolitical way, I want to play with them.

My second thought is of Israeli procurement might not be quite as hard nut to crack as the Pentagon's.

A defense contractor in Israel thought the same thing, but unfortunately it seems to be worse in some ways. That's all I'll say about that :D

Generally speaking, if we want a military contract we have to sign onto the "build it and they will come" type of development strategy. This is not something we're interested in doing because the military features needed for this sort of effort will take away from giving civilian consumers what they want. And since the civilians are far more reliable and plentiful... we cater to the bird in the hand instead of the two in the bush.

Steve

If the way they got ATGMed in 2006 can't make the case for tactical sim that at least teaches you to avoid obvious stupidities, then they are as bad as the Pentagon.

If Normandy has half of the improvements I am expecting, multi-player and co-play really need some love for the next game. For that matter I would cheerfully pay the price of a module JUST for real multi-player improvements.

And thanks for the technical guidance, or at least pointers, in unlocking my laptops video driver. I am finally playing crash free.