NEW NATO Video - Fields Of Fire - Leopards brawling with Syrian armour.

I've just uploaded a short (just over five minutes) unofficial CMSF NATO video.

This short film uses video sequences taken from the NATO module. It shows a German mech kampfgruppe made up of Leopards and Marders engaging Syrian T62s and BMPs.

The scenario is called 'Fields Of Fire' and is one of the scenarios included in the German campaign which comes with the module.

You can see the video at the link below

And before you ask - soon ;)

He! The video shots were taken in my first playthrough using an AI Plan had drawn up. I must admit I was a tad too cocky thinking my Leopards would take apart anything the Syrian's had. Still you guys will get a chance to fight this and I'm sure will do way better :)

@Thomm - picky bugger :) I can hardly write and speak English never mind German!

I enjoyed that...Looks like it's a tough fight for the Germans....I imagined the Leopard to devour those T62's....Just wondering do the new Nato forces play like the British module?

The six man panzergrenadier sections are very brittle I found. You do need to ensure they have fire support from their Marders, mortars etc. I've mainly been playing about with mech heavy units i.e. panzergrenadier - I found their MGs are very good at suppressing enemy units but watch out if FIBUA stuff...

The German mountain troops are a differant beastie - larger sections very heavily armed.

Nice video! Real frenetic battle going on there. You should probably leave the titles on screen for a bit longer though - blink and they're gone!

Question: whats that thing that lobs onto the leopard at 1:40 or so? Maybe a missile from a different tank than the Syrian one in the foreground? Doesn't do much damage though.

Nice video! Real frenetic battle going on there. You should probably leave the titles on screen for a bit longer though - blink and they're gone!

Question: whats that thing that lobs onto the leopard at 1:40 or so? Maybe a missile from a different tank than the Syrian one in the foreground? Doesn't do much damage though.

If I recall it was an AT missile from a BMP 2 that had taken up a hull down position. It damaged the Leopards weapon sites etc hence why it appears to not see the T62 on it's 3 0'clock after it reverses back into that dip.

Re the titles - I did think about leaving em for longer but they got in the way of the video footage. I was looking to keep the video fairly short so reckoned people could always pause it :)

There are a couple of maps in the campaign that are over 2.5km by 2km square - they are pretty big. I think the map in the video looks large because it's fairly open although lot's of small elevation changes which do reduce LOS/LOF. Also there are not many units on the map so you have some space to move about.

Glad ya liked the video :)