Pass the ammo

Gen. J-sun

I was floored today when I moved an SPG9 squad to take the place of a depleted SPG9 to my amazment I heard a load thud, it was the sound of a PG-9 round sailing through the air and into the front glacis of a T55 for a K-Kill.

I watched the replay to see that my team moving up lost a HEAT round which was magically gained by the emplaced team.

Two thumbs up!

Heh, I was waiting for someone to notice that nifty little feature.

Does a list of these additions exist anywhere?

I looked for an online manual but could not find any, either.

Perhaps one could compile a list from the notes for the individual builds, have it approved by BFC and post it?

Best regards,

Thomm

Well I just noticed tanks breaking through walls which I wasn't expecting. A quick test show that all low walls can be driven through with tanks, which incur minor track damage, way cool!

I just tested that...it is bad ass! Very cool. And tracks don't always get damaged. Even cooler.

I'll tell you, these little touches are really adding up.

Mord.

The new features to the series list is pitifully small and Multi-barreled rapid-fire cannon hardly counts as one.

So far we've discovered two that seem to be shoe ins for this list.

But it doesn't end there. CM Afghanistan introduces completely new features to the series, such as:

Drozd Active Defense system (on T-55AD and T-62D; shoots down incoming RPGs)

Multi-barreled rapid-fire cannon (e.g. ZSU-23 Shilka, Kamaz ZU-23)

New terrain such as Snow (on the ground) and Water

Exit Zones (a new type of objective)

Yep. You guys gotta try T-55AD and T-62D versus RPG's. Someone feel free to make a mission with those :)

I did a test after seeing Wengart's post (had forgotten about the anti rpg system) to see what it looked like. I think I saw it it. Looked like the RPG detonated before it hit the tank. Is there a visual representation from the tank itself...like it is shooting something or is it an under the hood thing?

Mord.

I did a test after seeing Wengart's post (had forgotten about the anti rpg system) to see what it looked like. I think I saw it it. Looked like the RPG detonated before it hit the tank. Is there a visual representation from the tank itself...like it is shooting something or is it an under the hood thing?

Mord.

Basically the round explodes just in front of the tank. You can kinda see it as you'll see a larger explosion which is not at the tank armor.

reminds me of that gigantic German named thing that shot the anti infantry stuff in CMX1... gebelfraggenhousenshootinwackenmennan... or what ever it was called.

Ummm... do you perhaps mean the Nahverteidigungswaffe?

In CMx1 I dug seeing those thingies suppress and even drive enemy pixeltruppen from around my pixelkätzchen. I look forward to seeing how they're simulated (which probably won't be very much less abstracted than in CMx1) in CM:N.