Will there be a demo...

BFC always put out a demo for all he games they publish.

They even have done so for the Brit and Marine module, which I founnd to be quite unusual.

When in relation to the release that demo will materialize is less sure, they might want to get the game out first. But it shouldn't be too long after that if there even is a wait at all.

I'd say download the SF demo's just to get a feel for the engine. There will be some improvements (I hope) and it will obviously be tweaked for the WW2 setting. Even if you don't like the modern setting give it a go, you'll still be amazed by some of the things this engine can achieve

I've seen them tinkering and tinkering with the product up until the last possible moment before 'going gold'. The reason why you don't see game demos two months ahead of time is the product isn't polished bright-and-shiny enough to their liking two months ahead of time! Its painful enough for them when they've had an aging demo lagging three patches behind the game. Offering a rough-edged pre-v1.0 demo would do nobody any good. :o

Yes, normally demos aren't put out until very close to launch because the game itself isn't finished until then. These days the only games I see with demos out well ahead of release are the ones where the game itself is quite simple, but they need more time to complete "levels" and artwork. Lately, though, it seems demos usually come out around or after launch time. Certainly that works out best for us because the launch of a demo is a MAJOR distraction to finishing the game itself.

All our CM demos are "feature complete". That won't change with Normandy.

Although the launch time for Afghanistan is determined by Snowball, we do have the flexibility of releasing a Demo. Funny enough... we were assuming they would want a demo. They are probably assuming that we want one as well! I think now is a good time to ask ;) It's pretty simple for us to do so no big deal there.

Steve