Bug list?

Most of the bugs above relate to the latest patch. The patched fixed alot of things with the inf. AI and these are a few left or recently discovered. The developers seem to be on the case regarding bugs that this forum find.

Well that's good news. I sure wouldn't want this sim to turn into abandonware now that I have it and like it. :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I seem to have found another bug, unless it's already been reported. In the Mission Generator, I select a German Armored battalion and I end up with all infantry. Very odd, since the first time I tried it it worked fine. Now every time I get infantry instead of armor. I miss my Tigers and Panthers. :(

Well I seem to have found another bug, unless it's already been reported. In the Mission Generator, I select a German Armored battalion and I end up with all infantry. Very odd, since the first time I tried it it worked fine. Now every time I get infantry instead of armor. I miss my Tigers and Panthers. :(

I had the same thing. The german "infantry" division gives me 50% vehicle slots (all tank types), while the "armor" battalion gives me no vehicle slots. just a simple mixup between the two?

played some more, always restarting and beginning a new "campaign" (why do I have to start a new campaign to do a random battle that doesn't link to any other battle?), and i get completely random results every time. The only thing I can reliably do is choose a nation, everything else doesn't pay attention to what i've chosen. shrug

played some more, always restarting and beginning a new "campaign" (why do I have to start a new campaign to do a random battle that doesn't link to any other battle?), and i get completely random results every time. The only thing I can reliably do is choose a nation, everything else doesn't pay attention to what i've chosen. shrug

Try exiting the game completely and then going back in. That fixed it for me.

Make sure that you can save anything... maybe it's the same old mission with all parameters set to random gets loaded again and again. You don't need to create the new campaign, just select 'single missions' campaign and enter a new name for the scenario.

When trying to target with more than 1 unit, the cursor always says that the unit can fire, even if neither can. Very difficult trying to get your mortars to fire on a target. You click and think they have moved their fire to your new selection, but they just keep on pummeling their old targets.

I have only just started on a Simple Editor battle-but find that the Tiger which is my only vehicle in this battle emits engine noise only intermittently ---on for 10 secs -silent for 5 secs continually.

I have both of the other TOW games amd there is no sound problem in either--nor in any other of my simulations.

Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone suggest what might be the cause---it is an immersion spoiler.....

I have only just started on a Simple Editor battle-but find that the Tiger which is my only vehicle in this battle emits engine noise only intermittently ---on for 10 secs -silent for 5 secs continually.

I have both of the other TOW games amd there is no sound problem in either--nor in any other of my simulations.

Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone suggest what might be the cause---it is an immersion spoiler.....

Yeah I get that - it happens when you zoom in/out. No idea how to rectify it! Annoying. I've just run into a show stopper. MY campaign has crashed at a point where I can't reload it. My save games are corrupted by the looks. Unless I go right back to start of the mission :( Bloody CTDs!!!

Sorry about your CTD --keep smiling-----re the intermittent sound --I think mine comes and goes irrespective of any zooming in or out . If I just hold cam position just behind stationary tank I still get the on/off with the engine tickover without tank movement

Arnt computer simulations marvellous.........

NB Also is there any way to turn off ikons or the toolbar---there were keys in TOW1 and quite useful.

I have the same same problem. but not just with the Tiger. It affects all vehicles I believe, even airplanes.

I have noticed an other bug (a very small one almost invisible); it must have something to do with the hook for grenades on german soldiers: when a soldier has a PWM in hand, it looks like both the hook and the PWM are shown. The Stielhandgranate displays correctly, but there is no model to be seen in the soldier's hand when the egg grenade is selected.

A screenshot of the PWM:

PWM_bug.jpg

It

An annoying bug with the airplane supports(or perhaps a game limitation):

battleplanes attacking armored targets use their primary armament against them untill they run out of ammo. After that, they'll keep attacking the same target with secondary armament, even if they're unable to make any damage, even when there is lots of other targets that could be destroyed with the secondary armament.

The AI airplanes are able to use he correct weapons against different targets though, as I've seen one firing during the first attack against an AT gun with machineguns, then attacking a tank with cannon fire during the second attack, so it's a bit strange that they seems unable to switch to an other target when their main armament is exhausted.

Also, battle planes firing at tanks are consistently aiming low, which means they'll fire in the ground every time if their target is in a hull down position. It would be better if their default aiming point was set to the hull rather than the tracks.

Hello everybody, few things I have noticed:

- Riflemen: sometimes they will start shooting at targets either very far or very close...for distances in between, they will enter a schizophrenic loop of aiming/scanning/aiming/scanning and so on until the enemy is close enough to shoot them dead or to start the endless close combat dance.

- MGs: they will deploy but not shoot until the enemy is 10 m close. What's the point of having mgs if they do not use their long range capabilities? They will be frozen while all around the rest of their squad shoots.

- Trenches: soldiers in trenches seem unable to engage the enemy inside the same trench with their firearm...instead they will start a ballet of moving/aiming/scanning until the close combat or the enemy shoot them.

Weird enough, the enemy AI seems able to use properly riflemen and mgs, but still buggy in the trenches.

Yeah I get that - it happens when you zoom in/out. No idea how to rectify it! Annoying. I've just run into a show stopper. MY campaign has crashed at a point where I can't reload it. My save games are corrupted by the looks. Unless I go right back to start of the mission :( Bloody CTDs!!!

Same here. Was just starting the campaign (Ger side) and after a couple of missions my screen now locks up when I go to "Saved" and click on "LOAD." I can only get out using Ctrl-Alt-Del.

I like Simple Editor for purely tank engagements ( I looked into this because of the complaints by some about "no tank battles.") but it doesn't seem to work as well with inf and towed arty I think because you'd need to go into the Mission Editor to be able to address movement schemes for them. Anyway perhaps I'm missing something and will continue fooling around.

Despite putting in time limits the SE games seem to often come to an end before my set time put in the editor is up. That is an issue in the MG also. I'd just prefer like in thje Total War series where you get a choice to end battle or continue.

Curious about patch status, if any.

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I was wondering if another patch might be in the works. I own the game but have refrained from playing it, waiting for the remaining issues to be addressed. I have faith they will be, as 1C makes great stuff and Battlefront has always stood by its customers. Like I say, just curious.

Yes, Tiger sound cuts in and out.

Tanks knock down large trees with impunity and do it repeatedly unless you the plyr have time to drive each one. Tankers would not knowingly knock down large trees. That could easily cause vehicle or component damage. The game should direct tanks to steer around large and medium size trees.