Thanks for the Demo!

trek

I'm downloading the Kursk Demo right now. Thanks for making it available! Now, I'll be ready when my pre-order DL for the full game is posted.

I've read the info about the new features since TOW2, but what should I look at first when trying the Demo? Anything that stands out for a veteran of TOW1 and TOW2?

Well, the on-map mortars are neat. :)

And the riflegrenades, although they have an extremely short range.

I placed my pre-order right after they announced it, so I can't wait to get it!

Just played the english demo, and it seems the same as the russian one.

Infantry AI the same, etc.

Had them(German infantry) on "ambush" and as soon as the Ruskis appeared, they crawled out of the trench and got killed.

But it's still way better than TOW1!

Had them(German infantry) on "ambush" and as soon as the Ruskis appeared, they crawled out of the trench and got killed.

Can you describe the situation in detail? When they started to crawl out, distance between them and Russians? Which Russian units they saw?

sweet demo! lotsa fun! i love the ability to have a lot of cover for inf. sound seems better and so the overall graphics. some guys still will not stay put even with not move command.

cant wait for game!

himmel

Please describe the situation in detail too, when soldiers in hold mode moved? Distance to enemy, overall situation? For example, soldiers won't stay put when they see a grenade near or a tank is approaching.

Germans in trenches, Russians attacking. When Russians come over the hill about 0 degrees relative to front of trench and range I think about 250-350 meters, two pixel truppen decide to get a better angle to target by jumping out of trench to open ground and then ofc get their pixel heads blown off even though I had hold position set for all units.

Can you describe the situation in detail? When they started to crawl out, distance between them and Russians? Which Russian units they saw?

In a trench, and the "don't move" command. The Soviets appeared approx. 130 meters in front of them, open ground, supported by SU-76s and SU-122s.

And sometimes they won't get back down, after getting up for no reason.

Sometimes they (infantry) can't exit buildings. And worse - sometimes a fully functional vehicle can't move after the deployment phase. Buggy demo, I must say.

Just want to tell you that I find the DEMO truly excellent.

With my new Radeon 5770 graphics are incredibly detailed. Everything runs smooth at max res and from time to time I forget to give orders and just watch the battle unfold.

Even though I like CMSF too and miss the detailed orders and tactical symbols on the tac map in KURSK-especially information about the enemy- , the gameplay in KURSK is in my opinion more immersive. Anyway I will continue to play both in the future...

Thanks!

:)

By 'don't move command' you mean Stop command or 'Hold position' mode?

Yeah, was so tired I couldn't find the words. :P

But, truth be told, I've only had these problems with the Kursk demo. TOW2: Africa, Centauro and TOW1 do not have those problems. Not that I have experienced.

I am no TOW virgin, bought TOW some years back, then TOW2 and later the Centauro addon.

In the Kursk demo, I can sneak up to the door of a building, the soldier will get up, and then he is snagged on the outer wall. Can't move out from it, and won't get down. Sometimes, they can't shoot their rifles through the windows, and will run out in front of the building. Death follows.

Other times, they can shoot out, and don't get snagged. I had a sniper get snagged inside a building, so he was useless the entire mission. He walked to the door, looked out, and turned back. No enemies in sight, nothing.

I always use the Hold Position command. I hate them moving around when I scout.

I am hoping these issues are only in the demo.

In the Kursk demo, I can sneak up to the door of a building, the soldier will get up, and then he is snagged on the outer wall. Can't move out from it, and won't get down. Sometimes, they can't shoot their rifles through the windows, and will run out in front of the building. Death follows.

Other times, they can shoot out, and don't get snagged. I had a sniper get snagged inside a building, so he was useless the entire mission. He walked to the door, looked out, and turned back. No enemies in sight, nothing.

This comes from the size of the pathfinding cells: sometimes, a building door is located between two pathfinding cells, and this makes the door unaccessible. There might be a simple workaround in the mission editor; making sure that the entrance is located right on top of a pathfinding cell, but depending on the building orientation, there might be some problems.

The only answer to make sure the entrance inside buildings is always possible would be to make the doors a bit larger (or at least the collision shapes located each side of the door should be a bit further apart, enough so that there will always be a pathfinding cell giving acces inside).

Well, if 1C can't do it themselves, I regret my preorder.

When I buy clothes, I don't want to make them myself.

I was hoping it wouldn't be a "half-way" product, but the demo has changed my opinion.

First playing the russian demo in november, then the english now.. no change.

It's the same buggy game(demo), but in english.

I do not expect 1C to make claims that anything has been resolved, and as far as I know, they don't. Russian company, Russian product. I've had some really bad experiences with Russian games and products in my lifetime.

But that's just my opinion.

Well, I don't agree with you. there were problems in ToW Afrika 43 demo too. But they were corrected in the final product, and it turned out that it was a lot more optimized than the demo version.

A demo is just a demo. So I'm sure things will be more polished in the future.

As to your opinion about Russian company, Russian product... it shows only prejudice against the Russians. 1C has made something like Il-2/forgotten battle. It should be quite obvious to anyone that they're able do make great games.

Well, there are many Russian products - good and bad.

And after playing the demo alot, this one seemed like a bad one.

But now I don't even care, because it's just a game I don't need.

Regarding Russian products:

Perhaps we do not share the same experiences?

I might be somewhat xenophobic when it comes to Russia.

And it is my right to feel that way, and anyone else can think that I'm crazy. It's their right to think what they want.

I've offended no civil rights. :)

I really cant see the large amount of bugs your claiming. I really do think the russians and there neighbours are making a lot of great games! I've played the demo a lot and i cant say that this demo is more buggier than most other demo's. And while we are in it....why don't you in Norway start producing good games...ore anything else with good quality?? you could start with producing GOLD medals in the Olympics! ;)