NATO bone appreciated

Waycool

Well the vehicles displayed are only used by some NATO countries, aren’t they?

So Coyote + LAV III + Leo 2A6 for example screams “CANADA“.

Similarly MARDER + FENNEK + Leo 2A6 = ?

As for the full list of NATO countries and what new toys for the Syrians, I’m sure Steve has mentioned this at least once or twice or four times, so I’m sure a quick application of the “search” tool will get you what you want. :)

Well the vehicles displayed are only used by some NATO countries, aren’t they?

So Coyote + LAV III + Leo 2A6 for example screams “CANADA“.

Similarly MARDER + FENNEK + Leo 2A6 = ?

As for the full list of NATO countries and what new toys for the Syrians, I’m sure Steve has mentioned this at least once or twice or four times, so I’m sure a quick application of the “search” tool will get you what you want. :)

I was born lazy and developed the skill as I got older, and I'm now closer to a centurion than a new born, I guess I developed a load experience. :D I have looked, but obviously not hard enough

Ron

Remember the premise of the Shock Force background is that several EU countries are directly attacked by terrorists traced back to Syria. There's no way the Germans would *not* be involved if NATO mobilized itself. In fact it is obligated to by the NATO charter. Which is one reason it is in Afghanistan despite public pressure to withdraw.

Plus, we didn't specify which European cities were attacked with dirty bombs. You can bet your sweet patukas that if Berlin was hit with a dirty bomb even the Greens would be calling for blood :D

Steve

I believe in a moment of rare honesty, a French politician, who was publically against the US operation against Afghanistan, admitted. "If they (the 9/11 bombers) had attacked Paris, and killed as many people we would have found the country responsible and probably nuked it" This is paraphrasing, but the meaning was all too clear.

I can see it now, a German Green MP calling for blood but very concerned the Leo II's power packs are not as enviromentally friendly as possible and whats this about DU!!!!!!!! CAS only allowed at certain times of the day so as not to disturb indigenous wildlife and only dropping bio-degradable munitions. In fact, imagine a mission where keeping your carbon footprint and environmental impact as low as possible was part of the victory conditions.

Remember the premise of the Shock Force background is that several EU countries are directly attacked by terrorists traced back to Syria. There's no way the Germans would *not* be involved if NATO mobilized itself. In fact it is obligated to by the NATO charter. Which is one reason it is in Afghanistan despite public pressure to withdraw.

Plus, we didn't specify which European cities were attacked with dirty bombs. You can bet your sweet patukas that if Berlin was hit with a dirty bomb even the Greens would be calling for blood :D

Steve

Right, given the plot. But I surmise that there is a larger group of players who would prefer playing with German kit/nationality vs. Danish or Norwegian kit/nationality or something, considering that you guys could have just as easily implied that Copenhagen or Oslo were hit rather than Berlin :D perhaps Denmark would be a bigger target for extremists? Considering they have combat troops fighting in the more contested provinces* of Afghanistan, participated in the Iraq invasion, and the Muhammad comic a couple years back.

*Danes are mainly in Helmand/Kandahar, whereas Germans are mainly in the *relatively* safer Northern provinces. It must be acknowledged that Germany has a considerably larger contingent in Afghanistan than Denmark (4,280 vs. 740, according to the ISAF website), but also note that Norway has suffered higher casualties in proportion to it's population than any other nation there.

Hi Gibson Thanks I did catch that post and the associated screenshots but what I was wondering if we had a complete list of the equipment; as an example for Canada are we getting: Leo C2 variant and the Leo 2A6M?, LAV III, LAV TUA, LAV FOO, Coyote Recee, RG-31 Mk3 with Protector M151 RWS, G-Wagen. etc.

Will try search but I figured it is getting close to release there may be some further tidbits providing insight into what the NATO module will fully consist of.

But I surmise that there is a larger group of players who would prefer playing with German kit/nationality vs. Danish or Norwegian kit...

It's clear the German army is always a draw, whether the WW2 or modern variety. BFC would have to be blind not to notice.

Even among the testers, there is much more interest in working on the German campaign.

Ages ago, even before the initial release of CMSF Steve mentioned including the Danes but it was enough work as is putting three new order of battles into the NATO module even though most of their equipment will be included with the other countries.

i just cant wait to see canada in there! but as well i hope they get most of our vehicles too its going to be awesome! as well i do know pretty much every canadian military vehicle that goes back to the late 80's and to now the reason i know is that i am a royal canadian reservist in the signals corps and work around them from day to day (due to the armoury the got us stuck with a light armoured recon regiment) and can help with any name's of the vehicle's that we use