QB system in Normandy?

The complexity of the maps prevent random maps. The computer wouldn't be able to make halfway decent maps. There's been talk of maps constructed of super tiles. Tiles of pre-made terrain that are put together to have a random map. Like X-COM did it. I don't think it'll be in for CM:N.

The QBs are a bit of a mystery. Happily, we do know the current system will be abandoned. But not a return to the old points system either. But something quite like it, though what that entails is anyone's guess.

The complexity of the maps prevent random maps. The computer wouldn't be able to make halfway decent maps. There's been talk of maps constructed of super tiles. Tiles of pre-made terrain that are put together to have a random map. Like X-COM did it. I don't think it'll be in for CM:N.

The QBs are a bit of a mystery. Happily, we do know the current system will be abandoned. But not a return to the old points system either. But something quite like it, though what that entails is anyone's guess.

Awww that's a shame, purchasing units is one of the most fun parts of QBs.

Awww that's a shame, purchasing units is one of the most fun parts of QBs.

We'll still be able to do that, just that it'll be superior to what we have now. A cross between CMX1 and CMX2...the best of both...least that's what's been stated before. Where that stands now, remains to be seen.

Mord.

I don't see why BFC are so concerned that we be given the right to purchase any units we want. Who are they trying to protect? What's the issue I'm missing?

If your editing a scenario you can pretty much cherry pick as much as you like so why the restrictions on QB's? I'd like an option for 'realistic' or 'user made' forces with the first option restricting you to certain historical combinations of units. Didn't CMBB and CMAK have a similar setup?

I don't see why BFC are so concerned that we be given the right to purchase any units we want. Who are they trying to protect? What's the issue I'm missing?

a) they are not happy about having to invent costs (points) for units

B) the new command hierarchy makes unconstrained picking impossible

Best regards,

Thomm

We'll still be able to do that, just that it'll be superior to what we have now. A cross between CMX1 and CMX2...the best of both...least that's what's been stated before. Where that stands now, remains to be seen.

Mord.

I would hate to see a cross between CMx1 and CMx2 QBs. The best of both worlds? No thanks, not when one of the worlds goes begging for orbital bombardment!

I genuinely can't think of a feature that the CMSF QB system could bring to the table.

Just put back the values from CMx1 and we are ok :) Variable rarity (and variable experience) a must. It allowed variety and each purchase was a game on its own. Otherwise we are going to see endless sherman75 vs panzers. Also, another idea is to generate a couple random "bonus" units, like a recon car, a sniper, a bren tripod..ehmm..you get the point. Every big kid loves suprises :) Or how about some random reinforcment group? A platoon of inf, a tank, anything. That would allow a mix of cherry pickin and unprectability.

CMSF is great right now..cant imagine what a game this would be with some CMx1 flavour back. And there is a LOT of things I miss, from the misIDs to sound contacts and Plt leader special abilities. I think the problems with CMSF, were 1st, lack of time/resources (eg semi finished QB system) and 2d the attempt to make something over sophisticated and serious, closer to a military simulator and less to a wargame. Like a rock band that makes a hugely succesful debut and then rejects it like an "immature" creation and produces a 2nd very technical but not so strong at heart. 3rd album always hits the right balance :D

Just put back the values from CMx1 and we are ok :) Variable rarity (and variable experience) a must. It allowed variety and each purchase was a game on its own. Otherwise we are going to see endless sherman75 vs panzers. Also, another idea is to generate a couple random "bonus" units, like a recon car, a sniper, a bren tripod..ehmm..you get the point. Every big kid loves suprises :) Or how about some random reinforcment group? A platoon of inf, a tank, anything. That would allow a mix of cherry pickin and unprectability.

The other random thing I liked about CMBB was that when you played normal forces (green and regular), sometimes you'd get a Vet squad in your troops as a nice surprise. Please include things like this as it really adds to the gameplay.

BTW, I never bought Shock Force. Did they take our force selection entirely?