Kursk '43

akd

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think its a great addition to this franchise. Kursk allows the developers to focus on the games strengths. Can't wait to have Tigers, Panthers and IS tank destroyers.

Kursk is the best choice because of the absense of mulit-story buildings which for the life of me I don't think can be modelled in this type of game effectively by 1C, Microsoft or anyone else.

I love this game with a passion, can't wait to buy "Kursk" and hope the folks behind this series are making a bundle of money so we can see more!!

this caught my interests:

The title will also ship with a built-in campaign generator to create numerous game scenarios for amazing value and replayability.

Seriously, 1C needs to try a little harder if they hope to turn TOW into a big franchise in the states. Shame because this game is much like a hot brunnette in baggy jeans...so much potential.

Maybe it just doesn't sell well enough over here so they're considering if it is worth the effort. Or 1C thinks a different publishers might handel thigns differently. Glad to see there'll be something else than Africa, though!

So would this be considered a stand alone expansion? A new game using the theatre of war 2 engine? Details seem a bit sketchy from the vids. Also if it is out in Autumn does that mean Battlefront have been given the rights to sell it abroad? So many questions :) but it still looks pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope it's an expansion, so that all the new objects and units would become available for TOW2 modders and would work with the existing editor tools. That would be the smart thing to do, because it would extend the life of TOW2 at the same time as it makes Kursk available and brings in a whole new group of players.

As anybody played the russian demo yet?

I've noticed two bugs already: there is a problem with the orientation of the gun barrel for the turret of the Panther. Also, the infantry has a lot of trouble entering buildings and to position themselves at windows. This seems to create loops in the AI with the soldiers trying to find cover inside buildings. I suppose this comes from the model of the building itself (perhaps the building being to small causes trouble with the pathfinding square of the soldiers?), because I never noticed anything like this in Afrika 43.

I was hoping for a continuation of the N Africa...maybe Siciliy or Italy...Nobody ever does those scenarios. Its always Normandy or Russia.

I hope for an italian front too. There are many interesting battles as Gela, Simeto river, Agrigento, Palermo, Messina (these in Sicily where fight German and Italian Armies VS British, USA and Canadians) Salerno, Cassino, Anzio, Gotic line (in the continental Italy Germans Vs All).

Theatre of War 2 is the right game to do this