night vision for Syrian tanks

It is written in the manual that some of the Syrian armor have night vision googles.But I haven't seen the tanks panel having the NVG symbol.Even if the vehicle is said to have IR Optics,the NVG symbol is not present.Some of them don't have any clue about what optics they have since in the "damage" panel it is not specified,or cannot be seen(like T62M and T55MV).The manual sais that all T62s have night vision but where can I see in the game that they have indeed? The 72 and 75 versions of T62 seem to have normal optics instead of IR optics so I don't know what to believe... As for the M1 tanks they all have the night vision symbol on the panel and it is also specified in the "damage" panel that they have IR optics so it is crystal clear about them.The problem is with the Syrian tanks.I would like to have some trace,something to know if the vehicle has or has not night vision capability.Thanks!

The icons are for crew equipment, so if you dismount an M1 crew, they will still have the NVG icon, binocular icon, etc. I don't know why the T-62 equipment doesn't show IR optics, as I don't fully understand what is and what is not shown on that panel.

AKD is correct. For vehicles the stuff with icons represents what is available to the crews (or passengers, in the case of weapons and ammo) and not what is bolted onto the vehicle itself. All of the "Systems" for the vehicle are listed in the Damage report. In some instances the crew has their own NVG in addition to what the vehicle has, other times this is not the case.

For the Syrians we had to make some guesses as to what should, and shouldn't, have IR stuff. Remember, back when many of these vehicles were purchased they either didn't come with IR stock on export versions *or* the option was too expensive and therefore wasn't purchased. And over time probably much of that stuff no longer works due to lack of maintenance and replacement.

Based on some limited intel we had on the state of various vehicles we made our best guess as to which would realistically have functional IR gear and which wouldn't.

Steve

OK,so I just have to look into the "damage" panel to find out if the vehicle has night vision.But in some cases the weapons controls,optics and tracks,being at the bottom of the damage report screen,cannot be seen .We'd have to scroll down the panel(which is not possible) to see all systems.And this being the case of most Syrian tanks in the game it is still difficult enough to make a selection for the battle editor. If you know a way to see all the equipments on the vehicle please tell!

I'm not sure what you mean by scrolling the damage screen or why you would have trouble seeing the entire list at a glance. Just so we're on the same page here's a pic

t62damage.jpg

If you are having trouble reading all info on the damage screen could you send me a pic of what you are seeing. I'd like to help sort this out.

it can be seen how the optics and track status are missing.They are probably beyond the bottom of the damage report screen but we need to be able to scroll it down in order to see them.The problem is that only 9 equipments can be seen at a glance,if the vehicle has more than 9 systems we have to scroll down to see them.

post-9887-141867621108_thumb.jpg

post-9887-141867621109_thumb.jpg

OK I'm on the same page with you. The first pic shows all the "features" of a T-90 at setup. So the damage screen really is a features screen. Tank treads wouldn't be considered a "feature" on a tracked vehicle. And since there is no scroll bar to scroll the limits of "features" is always 9.

T90DamageNone.jpg

This 2nd pic shows the damage done to a T-90. Here the info becomes all about damage. And here, again, just 9 slots.

T90DamagedYes.jpg

I expect this has been discussed in the distant past and sure wouldn't dispute that it's on a list. But I get the feeling that wholesale changes to the interface doesn't make the top 10.... but hey, I'm the last guy to know about anything...no matter WHAT title they slung on me... ;)

I think your earlier point was How can I get info on what feature, like Night Vision, a given tank has when checking either at setup or in the editor. So the info is there at a glance. It's limited to 9 Features and is listed under Damage, true... ;) Maybe not the best, for sure...but it works with the limits of the Interface.

Ok So,after all,can we get some info about which tank in this game has night vision and which has not?A list or something...?? It would be useful for scenario editor.Or do you think I should test a night battle with T55MVs or T62Ms to find out what kind of optics they have and how good the optics are...?

Hmmm, wouldn't it be cool to be able to scroll that list? AND, wouldn't it be even MORE cool if you could hover your cursor over one of the items and right click it to get some info? Like, in the pictures above, "Commander's Video"; right click and it would open a small window with information like: "The T-90 incorporates a 9" LCD screen at the commander's position which displays the gunner's IR image. The commander can use this screen, and a small joystick, to override the gunner's control of the main gun. If loaded, the commander can then fire on the target on his screen." (Hey, I just made all that up! I have NO clue what his video does.)

Maybe add a game function; "In game, this screen increases the ability of a Veteran or higher tank crew to spot enemy infantry and vehicles out to 750 meters."

Just an idea or two...

Ken

WOAH! Just had strong flashback! Back in Steel Panter days i liked to study ever vehicle in game. In SP2 i remembered ever piece of equipment and it's specs from major armies (that encyklopedia thingy if someone remebers). Ofcourse i still sucked as a player; idiot can remeber all kinds of stuff but idiot usually isn't good at thinking... Or sumthink, hard subject to think about.

Once i look first time at CMBO it was like double WOAH!! when i could see armor quality, slopness and all kinds of shi-... stuff.

And by reading c3k's post i suddenly remembered that i really never didn't study them. Well bit of Sherman and Tiger, the usuall you know, nothing hardcore. This is my triple WOAH!!! I feel almost ashamed that all that work they put on such details really didn't make me to put my energy on it.

Forth WOAH!!!! is that i really didn't care that CMSF didn't offer my much any additional info... Ofcourse i still probably suck as a player. And i learn that my old T-55 really doesnt' see M1 before M1 sees it.... Then i tend to forget it.

This is my constructive post. Or sumtink.

WOAH! Just had strong flashback! Back in Steel Panter days i liked to study ever vehicle in game. In SP2 i remembered ever piece of equipment and it's specs from major armies (that encyklopedia thingy if someone remebers). Ofcourse i still sucked as a player; idiot can remeber all kinds of stuff but idiot usually isn't good at thinking... Or sumthink, hard subject to think about.

Once i look first time at CMBO it was like double WOAH!! when i could see armor quality, slopness and all kinds of shi-... stuff.

And by reading c3k's post i suddenly remembered that i really never didn't study them. Well bit of Sherman and Tiger, the usuall you know, nothing hardcore. This is my triple WOAH!!! I feel almost ashamed that all that work they put on such details really didn't make me to put my energy on it.

Forth WOAH!!!! is that i really didn't care that CMSF didn't offer my much any additional info... Ofcourse i still probably suck as a player. And i learn that my old T-55 really doesnt' see M1 before M1 sees it.... Then i tend to forget it.

This is my constructive post. Or sumtink.

You been on the vodka mate? :)

Secondbrooks,

Thanks for the post; I actually followed it, somewhat, until this part:

... i suddenly remembered that i really never didn't study them...

Er, "really never didn't"? I may need to submit that for translation up at the local college's English Faculty meeting.

;)

Ken