The NATO module and a post from Oct 2005

Sequoia

Since it won't be too long (we hope) until the release of the British Module I decided to search for info on the following module tentatively called the NATO module.

It's expected this module would include the Germans, but I was looking for direct quotes from Battlefront as to who else might be in it if anyone.

I found this quote from Steve dated Oct 2005 shortly after the CMSF announcement.

"So what kinds of Modules would be applicable to CM:SF? Adding NATO forces and the US Marines to the same exact setting is what we're planning on doing. Which ones and who goes first? We've yet to decide. The NATO forces will not be done all in one Module, that is for sure. What we probably will do is release them grouped by equipment. For example, the Dutch and Danes use a mix of US and German equipment for the most part. If we added the Bundeswehr we could get the Danes and Dutch in with little difficulty since most of their needs would already be met (US stuff in the Title release, German stuff along with the Bundeswehr). But adding the Bundeswehr and the British in one Module is not likely since they both have totally different equipment. But again, it all comes down to how much work it would take for us to put this stuff in."

Unquote

I have read other comments that the Canadians would be included with the Germans for the same reasons as the Dutch and/or Danes being easy to do, plus you wouldn't even have to do new voice files-though I haven't found a quote about it yet. Battlefront certainly has the right to change thier minds after 3 and 1/2 years. Now that they have a much better idea of how much work it takes to go into a module, I was wondering if they can tell us if the module after the Brits will be Germans only, or will we see one or more of these other countries?

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Alizée in Combat Mission, we couldn't figure out an excuse that would prevent a "world of hurt" from coming down on us from wives or significant others. I'm not just talking about Charles and I here, since we'd just be at the head of the pain train. You customers would also suffer the consequences!

Steve

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Alizée in Combat Mission, we couldn't figure out an excuse that would prevent a "world of hurt" from coming down on us from wives or significant others. I'm not just talking about Charles and I here, since we'd just be at the head of the pain train. You customers would also suffer the consequences!

Steve

So you are telling us that, not only we won't see Alizée, but she will be ultimately replaced by Celine Dion :eek: ?!?

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! The worst thing France ever did was send colonists to the New World, found New France, and create the chain of events that led to Celine Dion. Oh, and Bryan Adams, but I think we can let that one slide. Yes, I know that many Americans are bigoted against France, but in this one case it is clear that there is some justification :D

Fortunately, after recently spending a week in Quebec, I am happy to report I heard not one note nor saw one poster of She Who Should Not Be Named. It would appear that my neighbors to the north woke up one day, realized their mistake, and decided to purge her Soviet Style. Or I just got lucky. Either way, I had a really nice time ;)

Steve

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! The worst thing France ever did was send colonists to the New World, found New France, and create the chain of events that led to Celine Dion. Oh, and Bryan Adams, but I think we can let that one slide. Yes, I know that many Americans are bigoted against France, but in this one case it is clear that there is some justification :D

Fortunately, after recently spending a week in Quebec, I am happy to report I heard not one note nor saw one poster of She Who Should Not Be Named. It would appear that my neighbors to the north woke up one day, realized their mistake, and decided to purge her Soviet Style. Or I just got lucky. Either way, I had a really nice time ;)

Steve

Careful Steve, you could get arrested up here for badmouthing CĂ©line...

By the way, I hope we will use real english-canadian voices (with a few choice french curse words) in this module rather than Yankee voices as in CMAK...;)

At least none of the American voices in CMSF has a Southern drawl like in CMAK so if they do re-use the Yanks it won't be as noticeable.

On the other hand if they want to record Canadians swearing they could call up Dorosh, that will get them some choice stuff.

So long as the NATO module includes the MG3, I'll be happy. :D (I'd say the same for the Leopard 2, but I suppose it's as much of a given that that tank will be included as well.) It'll do my heart good to dish out heaping helpings of 1200-rounds-a-minute death to murderous Taliban. :cool:

Now for the quasi-off-topic:

I am (to paraphrase Eddie Izzard) "very positive on the French, but they can be, well, French at times."

Alizée is tres belle. :D

Me, I'm still waiting for that long-rumored CMx1 early war title! But I guess early war would've involved more Frenchmen than Steve/Charles was willing to cope with. ;)

Hey there's still a chance we'll see a French module in CMSF if module sales remain strong. Add Alizée and they'll have a sure thing. By the way is there room enough inside a tank to, well, you know. ;)

Sgt. Joch,

When in Canada I travel under an assumed name in case of problems when crossing the border with too much Unibroue in my trunk :D

The serious answer about the French is that, like the Italians, they have about as much unique kit as the British or the Marines. So it would have been a French Army Module or an Italian Army Module, not both and not any other NATO country. I think it should be obvious that going with a mixed nationality force has more allure than either the French or Italian Modules could provide. Downside for us is that the NATO Module requires a lot more voices and TO&E work. Oh well, nothing's perfect!

Steve