Peng Challenge Thread: And Maybe, There Will Be Toast!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To celebrate my return, I am offering all of my countrymen (Europeans and Goober-Nationals need not apply) free breakfast.

Seriously.

Until 2:00 p.m. today, go to any Denny's Restaurant in the lower forty-eight states and tell them, "MrSpkr, that sage of the Cesspool, font of wisdom, hard worker, loyal husband, and all-around fine person instructs you to provide me, without charge, one (1) free Grand Slam breakfast."

Of course, as I am quite aware of the drinking problem running rampant amongst members of this eclectic sewer, your drinks, such as they may be, are your responsibility.

No, no need to thank me, I'm happy to be able to give back to this fine group who has given me so much.

Steve

And HAND? What?

Boy, you goobers sure are backwards. Must we explain every little thing for you?

*sigh* Oh, very well. HAND is universal Web for Have A Nice Day. And I may as well tell you while I am explaining the basics of communication to you, I was being wryly ironic at the time. To tell the truth, I couldn't care less whether you have a nice day or rats eat out your eyes. In fact, that second option has considerable appeal. Now if we could just film it...

Michael

Boy, you goobers sure are backwards. Must we explain every little thing for you?

*sigh* Oh, very well. HAND is universal Web for Have A Nice Day. And I may as well tell you while I am explaining the basics of communication to you, I was being wryly ironic at the time. To tell the truth, I couldn't care less whether you have a nice day or rats eat out your eyes. In fact, that second option has considerable appeal. Now if we could just film it...

Michael

Yuk, "Have a nice day", that's soooooooo 'merican.

To celebrate my return, I am offering all of my countrymen (Europeans and Goober-Nationals need not apply) free breakfast.

Seriously.

Until 2:00 p.m. today, go to any Denny's Restaurant in the lower forty-eight states and tell them, "MrSpkr, that sage of the Cesspool, font of wisdom, hard worker, loyal husband, and all-around fine person instructs you to provide me, without charge, one (1) free Grand Slam breakfast."

Of course, as I am quite aware of the drinking problem running rampant amongst members of this eclectic sewer, your drinks, such as they may be, are your responsibility.

No, no need to thank me, I'm happy to be able to give back to this fine group who has given me so much.

Steve

Denny's got a liquor license?

Shouldn't you be out buying snow shovels or something?

See? If you weren't a bloomin' goobernational you would have used the much snappier wording of: "Shouldn't you be out testing snow shovels?" See how much more devastatingly witty that is? Well, no, I guess you being a goobernational, you wouldn't see much of anything, would you? Never mind.

Michael

See? If you weren't a bloomin' goobernational you would have used the much snappier wording of: "Shouldn't you be out testing snow shovels?" See how much more devastatingly witty that is? Well, no, I guess you being a goobernational, you wouldn't see much of anything, would you? Never mind.

Michael

Once again you've missed the nuance completely. With that one sentence I was able to capture with my sheer genius the zeitgeist of Boo's situation if you will, by referring both to the winter conditions in that godforsaken hellhole Ohio and the economic reality, in which according to some we need to consume more to keep things from going south.

So Emrys if I were you (and I wake up every morning thankful I am not), I would spend time analysing my brilliant post, before make such oafish comments.

See? If you weren't a bloomin' goobernational you would have used the much snappier wording of: "Shouldn't you be out testing snow shovels?" See how much more devastatingly witty that is?

Michael

Actually... no. But then, I'm not a doddering, semi-senile pudding-gummer, Posey-belted into my chair with a lapful of drool, so I guess it all has to do with perspective.

First stage of depression is conscious and subconscious denial. Then next is anger, followed by hopeless sorrow.

Welcome to Joe's life.

Made even more sad by the fact that Wells Fargo won't be sending him to Vegas this year on the company dime.

Oh, wait... I misread that. It's just for upper echelon employees, not water-boy level flunkeys.

Welcome to Joe's life.

Made even more sad by the fact that Wells Fargo won't be sending him to Vegas this year on the company dime.

Oh, wait... I misread that. It's just for upper echelon employees, not water-boy level flunkeys.

You're way, WAY off the mark on just about everything above ... except for the part about me not going ... or ever planning to be going ... that part's true.

Joe

In other news, LeeO is in need of some wire hangers, graham crackers, chocolate bars and marshmallows for smores.

I mean, I helpfully provided him with plenty of campfires in the woods, conveniently close to his Toyota pick-em-up trucks.

3254837968_38d516bc3a_o.jpg

A more panoramic view -- one would almost think it was a scout campout, if not for the moans of the dying and the screams of the wounded.

3254837982_32688209c6_o.jpg

Ahh. Nice to know that even after a year-long hiatus from the game, I can still count on LeeO to Die-A-Lot. The remarkable thing is how little effort was required on my part to achieve these results.

Steve

In other news, LeeO is in need of some wire hangers, graham crackers, chocolate bars and marshmallows for smores.

...{snipped} ...

Steve

I see you haven't lost your touch with the Ker Dessel* scenarios ... what do you call this one?

Joe

* Ker Dessel - When It's Called a Setup For a Reason!

I see you haven't lost your touch with the Ker Dessel* scenarios ... what do you call this one?

Joe

* Ker Dessel - When It's Called a Setup For a Reason!

I call it "LeeO Was Silly Enough To Let Me Set The Parameters For A Quickbattle". My USMC mixed force against his poorly led irregular mixed force. In the woods. At dusk. With me advancing from the west, and him squinting into the setting sun.

Of course, the poor leadership has nothing to do with the QB settings -- that is all LeeO.

Steve