Challenger2 firing 143 rounds in Iraq

Different firing sound than the M1, seems flatter.

Weren't they talking about HEP-T or squash-head rounds? Those rounds perform best when fired at the gun's absolute minimum muzzle velocity. That might explain the flatter-sounding BANG. I understand the 105mm HEP-T round being fired by Stryker MGS produces less muzzle energy than even the 105mm old smoke round!

more uber tanks!? well than, alright :D

however where is the long missing cover armor arc. hope the brits bring one in, could make me buy the module even after i decided not to buy it already.

I hope you aren't implying that such game improvements will be held back for ppl who don't buy the new modules. My understanding is that any improvements to the existing game engine would be shared with all people, while new mods bring new content only.

The Russian tanks all do the same too, returning to a 'neutral' position for the T72 autoloader. The barrel really elevates on the old T62 for the simple reason that the tank rounds are just too long to load at horizontal with such a small turret ring diameter! The barrel (theoretically) snaps automatically to its original lay after loading. Problems with accurately adjusting fire between shots was a criticism of old Soviet era tanks because of it.

I'm curious -

In the first clip the shot is followed by a second puff of smoke(?) from the barrel. Is this a cleaning system like that used by naval guns - a blast of inert gas (usually nitrogen) to clear the barrel of debris? It might make sense to increase the life of the rifled barrel...

That's what that mid-barrel bulge/can thing is. As the round passes down the barrel the pressure drops in barrel-mounted the fume extractor can. Once the round is 'expelled' the pressure in the can equalizes, drawing air away from the breech when the casing gets ejected. I don't think many tanks have an 'active' blown-air bore exacuation device attached. The Sheridan and M60A2 used an active blower because in tests unexpelled burning propellant tended to drip back into the fighting compartment! :eek:

[EDIT] Dang, flamingknives got in first with an answer... AGAIN!