Should not have bought this game

Why? I will tell you why, I went from the scourge of the Atlantic and Europe as the axis to the wimp of the Pacific and Asia as the Japanese, my military ego is crushed, hell I am having a hard time with the Chinese (who you say!) I am going back to the demo I never lost there. Great work Hubert to you and all that worked on the game. I don't know about you other players but if I am not crushing a unit on every turn I feel like something is wrong with the game (couldn't be me I know that because I am just too good!) I think there is more tension in this game (if tension is possible in a computer game) than any game I have ever played. It is well done and seems bug free even though I am only into may of 1944, I know some players have complained about segmentation or something like that. One question do you play with immediate builds of forces or wait for months for delivery of units? I ask this because the US has so many units coming without buying them as compared to the Japanese, I would think that this favors the US or allies. I usually play with immediate builds on even though it is not realistic. Thank you for any comments.

Willy

Hey Willy,

I'm with you brother! I did well with the Chinese on my first game, but everything fell apart on the second try (I'm still involved in game #2). The AI has it's problems, but as far as I'm concerned it's giving me a good game - and that at the default setting! Heck, It's late 44 and I just repelled yet another invasion of India! Sheesh!

Looking forward to learning from my betters here.

@Dilly & @AZ-Ho --- What are you two goofballs crying about? Wanna go a round with me in a game? Pick your side, rules, and all that crap. All show you how to mop up the Pacific. Until then, go cry. Try playing more than 2 turns against the A.I.

I wouldn't trust you to with a BB gun either, "You'll shoot your eye out kid".

-Legend

AZGungHo, your typically courteous, and polite so I won't be mean, however you really should be better then the AI by this point in your SC carrier.

Bowenw, I do have a name, and I wasn't complaining about segmentation violations I was just wanting a fix which Hubert Cater gave me. If you can't manange this game, because of a low ego though I would recommend you going back to playing the demo. Also people that are a part of this series really don't feel like hearing about someone else's B.S of this game because there simple not good enough, it get's rather annoying, and old quickly.

Jon J rambo, If your up for a game. I'm ready, and willing to play you.

Also people that are a part of this series really don't feel like hearing about someone else's B.S of this game because there simple not good enough, it get's rather annoying, and old quickly.

I actually had the impression that Willy was joking, and although he didn't explicitly say so, that he was enjoying the challenge the AI was giving him.

I certainly don't take his comment that he's gone from being "the scourge of the Atlantic and Europe" to become "the wimp of the Pacific" to be a complaint against the game at all. Quite the opposite in fact, it reads more like a compliment! :)

Gung Ho and myself are goofballs? I thought there was no name calling on this forum, I wont lower myself to say something in return to certain people here so I will answer Bill 101, I did not think I had to say it was a tongue in cheek as I thought there were adults on this forum, so I guess I have to explain myself, Bill 101 you are right it was a major compliment to you and all of your people who worked and and put an effort into this game and I was saying I am not playing as well in this game as I did in WAW again a compliment to the AI and the Pacific theater maps that are beautifully done. The ego thing was a joke. If certain people here had answered the question I had asked about future builds I would have been more happier about my post.

Again thank you Bill 101 for breaking down my post correctly.

Willy

bowenw,

Sorry, but I go strictly off of what I see written on the forum topic, it's tough when your looking at someone's post on the internet to judge weither he's joking or not. So you're often forced to just assume that there serious, and respond accordingly. Now if you could have just said what you truthfully meant then this all would have been avoided, but then again it's only human nature to joke and be sarcastic. Anyway I'm sorry. Happy Holidays.

Jon J rambo,

To be honest I'm actually have a few games going with the AI, and I'm definately fairly new to multiplayer games so whenever your ready just give me an email at

scottmmoore@verizon.net and we can set something up preferably for me a PBEM.

JJvR... Terif is probably studying every nook and cranny in the scripts and when he shows up he will once again be master of all things PTO and crush everyone. Unless Jolly Ranger comes back and commits in the same manner.

FYI to all who do not know of Terif. When I say he knows all the scripts by heart that does not mean this is how he wins, he is a master of supply knowledge, unit movements and everything else. He was undefeated in SC2 in over 100 HvH matches and lost less than 5 times in SC1 in over 1000 matches.

There was only one player who committed the mastering the game like him and he only did it for a few months and almost beat Terif a few times, apart from that no one comes close.

BUT, play him as Japan and you the Allies and you will surely be mesmerized by how much he dominates. I actually enjoyed my 2 losses vs. him (SC2 ETO) as it was a thing of beauty to see in action.

Scottsmm I realize now I made a mistake and I should have known better than to post that headline the way I did, I knew that title would be taken wrong thats why I tried to be whimsical with the rest of the post but it didn't come across well. Sorry to rile anyone my posts from now on will be to the point.

Willy

Im so glad that the 'AI' is finally reaching somekind of 'neural-acendency!',...it's been far-too-long-downtrodden as a "total waste of time & effort!".

If what i have read is 'ANY-INDICATION' of "Huberts" improvement's in this avenue,...Then '3-"Hail-Mary's!!!" For Him!'.

To have EXCELLENT-WARGAME-SIMULATIONS,...we need to have EXCELLENT-GAME-DESIGN as well as an EXCELLENT-'AI'-ENGINE...Which now appear's to finally be APPEARING/MATURING!.

To this end of EXCELLENCE_there must never be an end!,...as to the 'in-finale'-achieving dominace...in game dominance...in creating a most 'Au-a'-a-La'-Naturale' "Re-Creation" of this 'Pacific-War-Event!'.

Hi Kids,

So I haven't been around Battlefront for about a year or so, WaW was fun but didn't have much stamina and Patton drives Miss Daisy didn't grab me.

How is the pacific theatre game working out? I notice Terif and Liam are MIA still but Rambo seems to be playing.Does it satisfy Blashy's historical sensibilities or not? My opinion has always been that, even more so than the Germans, Japan got itself into a war it could never win in 41 when it took on the US. that doesn't mean it won't make a fun game but it will have to be heavily historically biased in favour of the japanese for them to have any fun playing past 42 onwards.

And Happy New Year to all SC1/2 players old and new

Minty

Minty you will love it, Opz IS Historical in the sense that Japan can NOT defeat the enemy.

Japan achieves Victory (3 types) by holding on until date X.

It is a challenge because you have to know when it is time to go on the defensive and position yourself properly.

It actually reminds me of my ETO mod that gave USA its historical MPPs and made Germany having to hold on to date X for victory.