Kudos to the mapmakers.

After faffing about with the editor mostly for testing purposes, small or crude changes to someone else's work or a blank canvas, I've finally done it: I started work on a bonafide map/scewnario.

And Holy Cow! I knew it was a lot more work then with CMx1 but DAMNNNNN!!! I've been working on the map 3-4 hours and by the looks of it my scenario hasn't even left the starting grid yet. So here is my thank you to a great bunch of guys doing great laborious works for our benefit. Thank you all.

Except Rune, who is evil. You are officially excused from thanking a person who spends less time making a map then you spend crying because of that map. ;)

I've only recently installed Google Map on my computer. Its frickin' amazing, I can now (attempt to) recreate actual game maps of real Syrian places down to individual trees! I'm halfway through building a 1.5x2k map that I would've never thought to do if I had only been making the terrain up as i went.

And no, there's no easy way to construct it. Building maps is manual labor. :)

Yeah, i am doing my first "real" scenario, a big 4000x2000 tank battle called Battle for Orion Ridge. It is a lot harder than I expected. It takes forever, mainly because it takes about 15 minutes to load when i go to 3D Preview to check out my handiwork. I havn't even begun to mess with the AI, units, missions, briefings, ect. So, thanks to you all for spending so much time for the likes of us. :)

XMas is looking even brighter with all the user created talent. Thanks to all. 2 x 2km - 4 x 4km = Reason for CAS. Who wants ride to the target when you can fly high into the wild blue yonder and blow stuff up:rolleyes:

Just snagged the 'Normal Dude' MOUT and Range fun. Gotta wait to fire it up but sounds destructively delicious. :D

Wait was that V1.11 in the sock:confused:

4000x2000? Is this possible? I thought the max map size was around 2kx2k.

Ali, I'm going to assume that you tried to do this and found that you couldn't, just like I did a few months back. The secret to getting it to go bigger than 2kmx2km is to expand the map in BOTH directions along the same axis, i.e. press the + button on both sides of the X axis. If you just keep expanding to the right you can only go 2km but you can still go 2km to the left too. Same with the Y axis. If you already know this, my apologies to you.

Working on big maps is a DOG!!! Placing flavour objects on said maps is also a HUGE amount of work because you can't hop back and forth between the main editor screen and the 3D preview.

I'd also like to add my voice to the praise for Pete Wenman's maps. I have always found his maps to be of the VERY highest quality and I've made some nice QB maps from his large rural maps.

And of course, George Mc draws beautiful maps too. I have most of his work (not Armour Attacks) in my scenario folder and I plan to play a few of them AFTER I get my current project finished but his maps always look beautiful and realistic.

And we shouldn't overlook hcrofts maps either.

4000x2000? Is this possible? I thought the max map size was around 2kx2k.

Ali, I'm going to assume that you tried to do this and found that you couldn't, just like I did a few months back. The secret to getting it to go bigger than 2kmx2km is to expand the map in BOTH directions along the same axis, i.e. press the + button on both sides of the X axis. If you just keep expanding to the right you can only go 2km but you can still go 2km to the left too. Same with the Y axis. If you already know this, my apologies to you.

Well, you are quite right. I just tested it again in the editor and only yesterday did I discover that you have to click to both directions to get larger than 2kx2k maps. Somehow I was sure that that was the max size anyway, remebering Steve mentioning about the 2kx2k limit due to hardware limitations or something. Happy to be wrong though :)